Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove The Vocals For $20?

Thanks

Remove The Vocals For $20?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone,

Planning on making a highlight video of my favorite mixed martial arts fighter. The song I want to use in the background is called "The Type of Nigga I Am" by Z-Ro. Unfortunately, his rapping RUINS it. The instrumental is all I want, and this seems to be practically his ONLY song that he didn't also produce a version without vocals.

I've played around with Mixcraft 5.0, and got a VST vocal removal plugin called Extra_Boy. It works alright, but honestly none of its presets come out to what I want quality wise.

If anyone in here is good enough with an equalizer to do a custom vocal removal, I will gladly Paypal you $20 (or, if the forums dont allow this, I'll just give you mad props). I'd just need you to show me somehow that the quality is what I'm looking for, then you'd get your dough.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice as well; I'm a busy college student with not alot of time to learn new software. I've taught myself alot of graphic design software (my future career), but these mixers are new to me. They are really cool though!

Thanks alot in advance!

Thanks
    It's pretty much impossible. That plugin you used probably will get you as close as you can. It's alot more complicated than you think.

dintymoore Guest
    People have been asking me to do that for 30 years.

It's about as hard as mixing Pepsi and Coke and then separating them afterwards... pretty much a pipedream in 2010.

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    The only way to get this done is to sneak into Z-ros house in the middle of the night grab the master zip back to your place make a copy without the vocal track then go back to Z-ros house and put back the master before Z-ro wakes up in the morning .....seams like a piece of cake.

♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    Go to the hip-hop production forum, someone there might make you a similar beat. I would love to make any beat, but my production computer is out of service right now (no more drinks near gear )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dintymoore View Post
    People have been asking me to do that for 30 years.

It's about as hard as mixing Pepsi and Coke and then separating them afterwards... pretty much a pipedream in 2010.
    Lol awesome analogy. Well thanks guys I was kind of afraid you'd say that. I guess my options are try out the hiphop production forum (which I will) and wait and see if he comes out with the instrumental.

It's a pretty new song, and ALL of his older songs have instrumental versions....so maybe one day this one will. In the meantime I'll be messing around in Mixcraft, there's some pretty stuff you can do in there that would be helpful if I learned them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moresound View Post
    The only way to get this done is to sneak into Z-ros house in the middle of the night grab the master zip back to your place make a copy without the vocal track then go back to Z-ros house and put back the master before Z-ro wakes up in the morning .....seams like a piece of cake.

The psychic has spoken !
    {You could always PM Charles Manson at Corcoran prison in California for expert advice in removing......

things from houses in the middle of the night and putting them back again}.

Thanks
    :shrugs:

Steal a different song to use.

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimtraveller View Post
    The psychic has spoken !
    {You could always PM Charles Manson at Corcoran prison in California for expert advice in removing......
    things from houses in the middle of the night and putting them back again}.
    Oh you really don't need a psychic at all. Just do everything Oprah tells you to do ....not what Beatles lyrics tell you to do. And where in the song Helter Skelter does it say Go into the house and kill everyone?

♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercreep View Post
    :shrugs:

Steal a different song to use.

Thread Information