Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to home recording

Thanks

Post New to home recording

Sign in to disable this ad
    I kinda know how to do some things . i need to know how to really bring out the music . i have decent equipment but its the mixing an mastering im so lost. im into cheif keef an souljaboy i like thier producing an how nice it flows. any tips? yes im a rapper pretty good vocalist . i love based music. please shoot pointers

like how to make my vocals go more power over the beat. an how it would sound professionally. i wanna know what are sum things pros use . i have the program that has enough needed to make sumthing happen. i just need the guidance
    Last edited by Dat_Nigga_Pari; 02-02-2013 at 15:07.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 972 Posts
    Hey.
    I don't think you're going to get much help or advice; You'd really need to be more specific about where your mixes are lacking, or post up some audio clips for us.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    You might wanna start with a little research of the difference between mixing & mastering 1st. Start with some searches on basic recording and then next basics of mixing audio. If your hope is to learn how to get your music to sound professional in just a few post then you might be mistaken or disappointed cause it a lot more than what anyone can write in a forum or a post. What we tell everyone "HELP US HELP YOU!!" by doing a little research if we start giving you pointers and advice and you dont know what were talking bout well were both gone shit up a creek with no paddle. 1st what is your "decent" equipment? how are you using & how are you setting it up? Moossst important how is your environment where your recording?

What pro's use well for the most part (experience). Its not bout what they use its how. Most guys in here have less than what a "Pro" engineer would have but what they do have they use it very, very well.
    (I dont know what based music is?")
    (I dont know what "make vocals go power over the beat" is)

As far as Chief Keef he wont be relevant in a year or two he got famous off one song he is not a true artist he wont be able to REgenerate the buzz just like Soulja couldn't they make the term "Wonder Hit Wonder" look even cheaper then it really is. I dont even consider these guys Hit Wonders I just call them LUCKY!! and blessed to be in a society & a market that has lost the roots of real hip hop so bad to where they just let anything in hopes of finding it. Trust me these guys are nothing special.

(Jay - Watered down game strip it. BG's down wit it. If we gone suck wit it, gone & let clowns in it, Bozo's down wit it, circus show's lined wit it. Gone put a dance wit it, frown wit a chain fitted.)

Thanks
    i understand what you mean by thier music. an i have a new toshiba laptop. i use cubase 5 . full version.. 484769_10200482739379822_1249512591_n-jpg529060_10200482736699755_413924604_n-jpg

i also use TASCAM US-122mkII

Thanks
    Ok, there are some great beginner resources around here. Browse through relevant threads and look at the stickies.
    Mastering section, studio building section, mixing section, etc.

I don't know what your speakers are; I'm totally judging a book by it's cover, but I don't get the impression they're much for mixing / mastering, plus the environment is arguably just as important.
    Bad speakers in a bad room could be likened to painting in a dark room with coloured glasses on. It really is guesswork.

Even just browse through some of the pics in the studio building section. You'll start to see patterns very quickly, even with the modest setups.
    The position on the speakers in relation to eachother, in relation to walls and corners etc etc.
    All of this will greatly help your mixes.

Hope that's useful.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    Bad speakers in a bad room could be likened to painting in a dark room with coloured glasses on. It really is guesswork.
    Quote of the week!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    One day I'll make it into somebody's signature line.

Thanks
    You think? Never happen...
    "Bad speakers in a bad room could be likened to painting in a dark room with coloured glasses on. It really is guesswork." Steenie

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PRHunt View Post
    You think? Never happen...
    It just isn't in the cards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diggy_dude View Post
    It just isn't in the cards.
    you beat me to the punch

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDwarf View Post

producah = a newb with a $10 microphone, a laptop, $45,000 in cracked software and a million questions

Thread Information