hello everyone + big first question

We have some mean SOBs, you know, the kind England use to ship off to their colonies. Must be in the blood :)

Well, I am not going to get into a debate about something I have no knowledge or experience of but 1% of adult males and a higher percentage for ethnic minorities?

I might be an optimist but I do believe that monsters are made not born? But I am not complacent, the UK has a much higher lockup rate than most of Europe.

Dave.

jus joking about the US guys! I am a gun nut so I would love to live in certain parts of it.
The hobby is just too expensive and too much hassle with Plod to follow over here and of course handguns are gone!

I do wish tho' that they did not lock up so much of their population!

Dave.

Agreed re: US population. Though I can't say that I am a 'gun nut' (the terms don't fit well together, yet also seem to go hand-in-hand over here), I got mine. It is an interesting debate (for some other thread). Though actual defensive use, can only be in the gravest extreme in most states here - unless you're a scared cop of course. I move very slowly and carefully around them. Expect the US prison population statistics of around 5% of our population, to spike in the next analysis. I think it due to over-reaching drug-related incarcerations. Not a fan of where we are at though I will say this - if we give up ours, then what's left to hold off the 1%, & their machines... Sticks & stones, are not going to cut it. It is an arguable point.

If you have a 24 bit sound card, it could perform similarly to an ext. AI. Though I went around & around in another thread in regard to this, and though there are many other reasons to obtain an AI, 24 b recording is basically 24 b recording, in my estimation. My biggest reason for obtaining an ext AI, is to get to 4-track real-time recording so that I can dual mic my guitar whilst separately mike-ing vocals, retaining individual control over each of the mics. With another mic on my hot chick singer/girlfriend, who should be showing up any day now... :)

Well yes, "nut" was perhaps an unfortunate choice of word!

I basically see no problem in decent, law abiding, sober citizens owning a certain range of firearms for recreation, hunting, pest control and personal defence although I agree the latter is a very difficult area.

Governments of all persuasions HATE giving "The People" any kind of power. Gun ownership in UK was virtually unregulated until after the Russian revolution when the gvmnt of the day was scared shitless that The People here might rise up!

The first thing any oppressive regime does is instigate gun control e.g (and I know it is bad form but no other way to say it!) the Nazis made sure only THEY had guns!

I am much more interested in internal and external ballistics and would love to spend time benchrest shooting and "working up" loads!

Dave.

End of thread?

No! Sorry! Done now. BTW done some noise tests on my S/H iO2 . Just me waffling but will post if some impecunious newbie wants a harken.

Dave.

Looks like the original problem has been diagnosed and solutions offered. Great!
I just had to add that my brother and son are licensed gun dealers so I have access to try almost any gun in every caliber. Little brother really knows his gun stuff but he's no "loose" nut!:eek:

Back