Stubborn farm girl in La Wally

Elena

Hi everyone.

My latest assignment is "Ebben! Ne Andro Lontana" ("Well, then? I'll go far away,") the principal aria from the Opera "La Wally". In this scene the young lady, La Wally, tells her father that she has decided to leave her home forever and to go out into the cold of the Alp mountains. The opera features a memorable operatic death in which the heroine throws herself into an avalanche. It is seldom performed, partly because of the difficulty of staging that scene, but Wally's principal aria is still sung frequently.

If I were a female and my parents had named me Wally, we'd be meeting in court as soon as I hit 18 !
By the way ElenaHouse, have you tried writing any songs yet ?
And how are you ?

as I'd been away from HR for quite a while, I wondered if you were still here, Elena- glad to see you back.

But... I wonder if your talents are perhaps wasted, singing to recorded backing tracks and posting here? It is a wide, wonderful world out there- Now, all I know of you, I see here, but have you ventured out? (Quite likely you have, just that I don't see it?)

Nah, she posts in the Singing forum supposedly looking for feedback on her singing, but I think she's just looking for the cheap publicity. She never engages in other people's threads nor offers advice about singing. I move all her stuff to the Music Video forum because she's not really interested in any kind of feedback, just hits on her YouTube page.

and I'm curious if it's really her posting and not her father. When she first showed up here, she was 14. What parent would let their 14 yr old daughter post on an internet forum with a bunch of old musicians. My kid is almost 14 and no way would I let him in this place.

Anyways, off to the Music Video forum with this thread.

Nah, she posts in the Singing forum supposedly looking for feedback on her singing, but I think she's just looking for the cheap publicity. She never engages in other people's threads nor offers advice about singing. I move all her stuff to the Music Video forum because she's not really interested in any kind of feedback, just hits on her YouTube page.

and I'm curious if it's really her posting and not her father. When she first showed up here, she was 14. What parent would let their 14 yr old daughter post on an internet forum with a bunch of old musicians. My kid is almost 14 and no way would I let him in this place.

Anyways, off to the Music Video forum with this thread.

I've noticed the same thing.
It's nice to have someone as talented as her posting, but it defeats the purpose when there's no interaction. Forums are a two way street.

Good points, guys- but shouldn't you be directing those comments towards her? Perhaps- maybe even likely- she is merely being a publicity hound (being careful to not use another word more modern in it's use- we are talking about a young girl, here) but Elena might change her ways once she knows she is not fully in the spirit of things, here.

Let's all put our hands together for Wally! The Beaver must be proud! And let us not forget to praise Elena. It seems it's why she's here.

I can't see her getting very involved at her age and her dad either. The odd post (to deflect criticism) is not enough to mask the fact that they are really not interested in anything but YT hits.

To be honest, few 14 year olds, even pretty mature ones, would be getting involved on primarily adult forums to do with recording, harmony, counterpoint and sarcasm.

Back