Trouble finding the sweet spot with this mix...

BasickMusic

I've been trying to futz around with this mix for a few days now,
And I just cannot pin what's wrong with it. I KNOW for a fact there is something off,
But I need your help pinning what it is.

So far, I've come up to the decision that there's too much decay on the reverb...

Any other suggestions? =/

Attachments

• TestMixingHook.mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
I'm not good enough at this yet to tell you whats wrong with it, but I think the vocals might be just a touch too loudand theres a muddy sound in there somewhere. I'm sure that doesnt help you much. But I really do like the voice and the lyrics.

Thank you!

I know I had someone say there was a very odd frequency in there...
So it's possible that it could be a bad EQ issue?

How many times did you double the main voice here? Do you really want it sounding like it's a gang singing the whole thing?
Usually when doubling the main voice you mix it in with the main track in a way that doesn't make it sound like it's more than one voice. But if that's what you intended.....
Also, why upload a piece of the song?

too much reverb - or the wrong kind of reverb. drums are interesting -

is that all the tracks in the mix? any more instruments going to be added?

I only have two vocals recorded; Possible abuse of delay and doubler?

I uploaded one piece of the song, because 1) it's all I have recorded and/or mixed, and 2) I always get the chorus mixed before I even start the verses. Not sure why, just my style I guess haha

So, for sure there's definitely too much reverb/decay on this.
To the lab!

That's right put it off for some time. Are you using same reverb on all elements? Use different predelay settings on at least two reverbs.

Nice Theme

The mix is a bit harsh to the ears...not enough low end.

I would highpass and lowpass the vocals as well because they are to harsh...no warmth.

Back