Rumble III, Let's Rock!

apl

Stand Up Comity
The Rumble III jam track is available here.

You know the drill.

Y'all are the greatest!

Last edited:
apl said:
The Rumble III jam track is available here.

You know the drill.

Y'all are the greatest!

PS There will be another link shortly...
Good job apl. I might see if I can do anything with this, that won't embarass myself.

Dogman said:
Good job apl. I might see if I can do anything with this, that won't embarass myself.

I think it will be interesting. There are a lot of different chord voicings and walks in the song already. It'll fun to hear how the soloes play off of them.

Heres mine.
Its a taylor acoustic mic'd with an MXL 990 through a focusrite pre.
Then some 1176 BF comp and thats it.

Im at my GF's doing this and her set up is alot more modest than mine at Geomana's, so i just made do.

-Finster

Also, it seams like im always first to enter these things...i dont mean to be.
Guess its just by chance?

Reactions: XLR
xfinsterx said:
Heres mine.
Its a taylor acoustic mic'd with an MXL 990 through a focusrite pre.
Then some 1176 BF comp and thats it.

Im at my GF's doing this and her set up is alot more modest than mine at Geomana's, so i just made do.

-Finster

Also, it seams like im always first to enter these things...i dont mean to be.
Guess its just by chance?

I guess we will just call you quickdraw from now on. Or is that quickplay? Ready to solo on a moments notice.

Anyway, cool solo. I never expected that. It was really unique. Some melody lines, and some solo stuff. Very nice way to compliment the song. My wife was listening and said it was very pretty sounding. So, I guess that's 2 thumbs up from the DogHause.
Ed

Wow, finster, now I know I suck. :mad: That's very, very nice. :cool:

And 7string, have you heard me sing? I don't wanna be Neil Young! But it's better than the Beach Boys I suppose... :mad:

Ahh, rumble3! :)

So here is my quickie. Hadn't really any reasonable equipement with me this time. My amp and main guitars are at the studio. So.. only thing I had was some old Yamaha stratoclone with like 1 year old strings in it :eek:. So the intonation isn't that good, tried to compensate it somewhat but oh well. Hope yuo can stand it :rolleyes:.

The sound is guitar DI (single coil bridge pickup, rocks for distortion sounds.. not! lol) into a soundcard and then some plugin tweaking. So it isn't really that great, but I think it turned to be quite ok cosidering what equipement I had in the first place hehe :p

I approached this one with just plain pure rock&roll with some jazzy/bluesy vibes every now and then. Hope you like it :D

Check it out:Kainz's Rumble 3

EDIT: and sorry about that end "climax". Noticed now that it wasn't that great IMO, but oh well. Done what is done hehe.

apl - sounds very good. Parts of it make me think of the Byrds. Gonna have to think hard about what I can play to this one.

Finster, that's some sweet acoustic playing - and through a 990! Good job. Goes to show that a good sound depends on player and instrument more than the cost of the mic. Like the L/R parts.

Tim

Kainz said:

So here is my quickie. Hadn't really any reasonable equipement with me this time. My amp and main guitars are at the studio. So.. only thing I had was some old Yamaha stratoclone with like 1 year old strings in it :eek:. So the intonation isn't that good, tried to compensate it somewhat but oh well. Hope yuo can stand it :rolleyes:.

The sound is guitar DI (single coil bridge pickup, rocks for distortion sounds.. not! lol) into a soundcard and then some plugin tweaking. So it isn't really that great, but I think it turned to be quite ok cosidering what equipement I had in the first place hehe :p

I approached this one with just plain pure rock&roll with some jazzy/bluesy vibes every now and then. Hope you like it :D

EDIT: and sorry about that end "climax". Noticed now that it wasn't that great IMO, but oh well. Done what is done hehe.
Wow, nice playing there Kainz. It fit very well.
Ed

Kainz, in the phrase starting around :51 the rhythm gets really interesting. Good work.

Man, you guys are fast in getting things done. Crap, I've been trimming hedges and working on my chain saw (no, didn't use that on the hedges) instead of playing gtr this morning.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Kainz, in the phrase starting around :51 the rhythm gets really interesting. Good work.

Man, you guys are fast in getting things done. Crap, I've been trimming hedges and working on my chain saw (no, didn't use that on the hedges) instead of playing gtr this morning.

Tim

It does? :D

And thanks!

Hmh, just out of curiosity I want to ask all you people listening to this: Is there anything very jazzy or "not so ordinary" in this solo? :D

If you have read some of my messages on the Rumble 2 you'll understand why I ask this hehe.

I tried to keep it quite simple yet interesting. Enough repetition, pentatonic/blues scale etc. Can you people "grab" this one easily? There were some maby "not-so-normal" things too. Mainly with dorian mode and some 7ths not supposed to be there ;).

Timothy Lawler said:
Don't know why you'd think that. Not my impression.

Tim

Oh well, I guess its ok then ;)

IMO it could have been a little more intense at the end. It is ok until 1:05-1:06, the rest sucks :eek:.

:p

Kainz said:

Bravo Kainz! I love the blusey hooky stuff.
1 and a half thumbs up. :eek: :D :D :D

xfinsterx said:
Bravo Kainz! I love the blusey hooky stuff.
1 and a half thumbs up. :eek: :D :D :D

Thanks man!

Well all those hours, days and weeks and years of playing is better to show somewhere lol! :p. Thou this isn't really my type of music, I prefer more latino/funk/jazzy/groove songs.

Of course it kinda helps to play alot gigs/studio thingies with every possible kind of people and almost like every possible kind of music there is ;). I'v learned (by hard way heh) to play pretty much anything with at least somewhat convincing when doing that :D

BTW yours wasn't bad at all, not at all. When downing it I was expecting something totally different (especially your rumble 2 in my mind). Nice and very good tracking considering the equipment. I mean very good tracking :)

Back