Pipeline - surf instrumental

The more I listen, the more I love it Greg. How do you do that thing you do...amazes me!!

I went and had a listen to the original and you nailed it right on...the only difference I noticed was the tone on the lead guitar...but no gripes here...none whatsoever!!;):cool:

I listened to Perfidia while there....I don't recall ever hearing it. Liked it though.:D
Thanks true. I love Perfidia. Great tune. I think I'll do that one too. :)
Kool stuff Gregory! I love this type of stuff also! Do you like the "SHADOWS"???
Thanks Vinnie-Beth! Yeah the Shadows are okay. I don't have any of their stuff, but I don't run from them either. ;)

...................Love it. Sounds very perfect.

Thanks bro. :)

Reminds me of seeing dick dale in sausalito, nice job man! Guitar and amp?

Thanks bud. Yes I used a guitar and amp. :p

It's just a strat played clean through my no-name combo with the reverb turned way up. Vibrato was added through my Digitech processor.

You have nailed it all just right, the tones, the vintage vibe and ambiance of the song. Congrats on a job well done!

Sorry about taking so long to get to this. I like the dynamics in this actually. I can't say i'm familiar with the original but this was a blast to listen to. Drums sound great. Guitars are nice, i like that lead sound for sure. I might have to go out and get some surf stuff this is alot of fun to listen to. Any recommendations? I know of dick dale and thats about it sadly.

Take care man, Great track.

Gary

Sorry about taking so long to get to this. I like the dynamics in this actually. I can't say i'm familiar with the original but this was a blast to listen to. Drums sound great. Guitars are nice, i like that lead sound for sure. I might have to go out and get some surf stuff this is alot of fun to listen to. Any recommendations? I know of dick dale and thats about it sadly.

Take care man, Great track.

Gary

Thanks a lot man.

The Ventures probably have the largest body of work when it comes to authentic surf-guitar music. Find a greatest-hits release and get your feet wet! :D

Back