Overtime - feedback please

Jeez....you could make a killin' doing a Clapton tribute band. Y' sound just like him. A real solid tune, arrangement, mix and master.

What I'd change:

A little more bite on the solo guit.

A little more ambience to give it a live feel, maybe.

Some chicks singing on it somewhere.

And a tamborine.

The Clapton recipe. :^)

Another good song Gerry, I think that a bit more overdrive on the solo would sound better-a little more midrange grind maybe.
I was also thinking that soloing over the chorus chord changes would drive the solo too, but it wouldn't sound right if it was it was directly after the chorus itself though. Just a few possibilities.

Gerry,
The bass really hits the sppot on this one. I like the chugger guitar - nice addition or clarification.
PI has come up trumps again. The only thing ever missing on your work was a real drummer.
I think it'd be worth experimenting with some tambourine - as you know I use one a fair bit - mind you they are hard to play with any consistency.
I think you've really found the level and dynamics for the new drums with this one too - it's a task to graft new drums into an existing tune.
As cool as...

Another good song Gerry, I think that a bit more overdrive on the solo would sound better-a little more midrange grind maybe.
I was also thinking that soloing over the chorus chord changes would drive the solo too, but it wouldn't sound right if it was it was directly after the chorus itself though. Just a few possibilities.
Thanks Tony - Good ideas to consider...I added a bunch of new guitar tracks so additional solos might be possible....

Gerry,
The bass really hits the sppot on this one. I like the chugger guitar - nice addition or clarification.
PI has come up trumps again. The only thing ever missing on your work was a real drummer.
I think it'd be worth experimenting with some tambourine - as you know I use one a fair bit - mind you they are hard to play with any consistency.
I think you've really found the level and dynamics for the new drums with this one too - it's a task to graft new drums into an existing tune.
As cool as...

Thanks Ray - all I do is take the drum track and drop it in, do a little level adjustment and it's done. I'm very happy with the drums and the resulting mix! poeticintensity has provided some excellent drum tracks!

It's great PI is helping out with the drums and they do sound wonderful and bring new life to your songs.... but it's your vocals that have really come a long way. This is how I've always wanted to hear you; upfront and consistent. So nice. Sounds great all the way through. What are you doing differently these days?

Great song, ido.

These are sounding better and better ido.

There is now so much more fullness and presence than in your earlier mixes. The drums obviously help a great deal and sound nice here, but I agree with chili that the sound of the vocals has come a long way too.

Love the bass sound on this one. Lead guitar sounds good. Good energy throughout. Nice job.

Thanks Chili and Heatmiser - it's taken a while to get familiar with Sonar and mixing in the computer but it's gradually getting easier. I'm glad you like the mix and the new drums....

Needs more cowbell.... :rolleyes:

Serioulsy, I like the bass and everything fits well in the mix.

I triple the sentiment on the vocals. Great performance, Gerry!

Sounds good Ido. I don't know if you're mixing better or if PI is tracking his drums better, but the overall product is getting better. These drums seem more lively and snappy than past mixes. They're still a little roomy compared to the rest of the tracks though. Try to get everything sounding in the same relative space. The guitars, bass, and vox all sound clean and clear and up front, but the drums sound like they're way in the back of the room. Really I think it's just a matter of tweaking the overhead to close mic ratios. A little less overhead and more close miking should bring everything together.

The bass sounds especially nice on this one. Guitars sound great as always and your vocals are nice and smooth. Good job overall.

Wow, this sounds so good, Gerry! :)
Yeah, having a great drummer makes a difference and Jason is just that...;) Only think I'd make louder would be the kick, but that's just my taste. It's great the way it is. And a great song it is too. You sing this so well, too. Don't know what you can add to this, it sounds great the way it is.

Joey :):):):)

Thanks Rokket, Greg and Joey... The new drum mics have resulted in some nice drum tracks. I'm also doing some tweaks on the vocals in Sonar that seem to have some good affect.... :):):):)

Back