The one that got away (Cover version)

Hey all.

I got past the point of no return on this one but I've lost heart.
I don't think my voice suits it and I'm a bit bored of it overall so I thought I'd just share it as is.

The main reason for doing it was to test-tun some new orchestral software, so it has served its purpose.

Do feel free to comment regardless. I probably won't bother trying to better this but I will take all notes on board as always.

Enjoy.

Sounds good overall to me, but maybe it could use a broad, small dip in the low mids area. sounds heavy around there. Your voice fits just fine to me. Almost thought I was listening to a smoother Neil Diamond.

The vocals reminded me of Neil Diamond (really sounded good). I think they sound great, I think the problem is the arrangement. I had made some comments, then the server died.

My 2 cents, opening is good, around the 1:00 mark, should swell into a big production, big vocals, up tempo, keep your current change, outro same as the intro. Even if you don't like that, need to give it an different approach.

I think it is good, lots of potential, just need to come at it a bit different.

Hey Sammy.
Jimmy mentioned something about low mids of the piano sounding a bit heavy. I'll maybe take a look at that - I use that piano a lot. :)

DM60, I should have pointed out (title updated) that's it's a pretty faithful cover version.

I don't know the original. Definitely hear the young Neil D connection in the vocal. In the first minute, the piano should come up in volume (or some higher EQ to make it pop) as the vocal really drowns it out. In the second verse and subesequently the kick is too loud and toneless to me - like a foot hitting a cast iron mic stand base.

I think you have a tiny bit too much auto-tune on your voice (naughty naughty :spank: Just kidding! :D)

But I can hear a robot-like transition between notes sometimes. Nice sound ya got! That's a nice piano sample. It is a sample, right?

Hey Sammy.
Jimmy mentioned something about low mids of the piano sounding a bit heavy. I'll maybe take a look at that - I use that piano a lot. :)

DM60, I should have pointed out (title updated) that's it's a pretty faithful cover version.

Still a good song and you still do it well. But that middle just seems to not work with what I heard. Your vocals are really close to his.

Thanks, :o

Back