metal

Good to hear you singing still but don't hurt your voice LOL. Gee I like your stuff. Gratitude surfaces here and there in funny ways. Me, I'm grateful for this tune. Wonderful.

The drums are too soft. They need a touch more edge/pain. You've made them too kind by just a little bit. It sounds like Ringo Starr ffs. Gee this tune's good. You're on a roll these days. Wonderful, wonderful. The guitar's fine; it's got edge.

This one's different from a *lot* of what you ordinarily do. I can spot the sound, and the irony and humor are there, but the arrangement and approach are new.

Really tight and well-played. You don't make mistakes with recording or mixes. Excellent stuff. You come up with variety after variety of interesting and moving music. Sam you fucker I'm ever so glad you're posting your stuff here. This is one of my favorites.

Hey look, I gotta say it. There is some music on this board that just GETS THERE. The guitar playing on this one is e l e c t r i c !

A W E S O M E

Damn man - you know I don't get into this kind of music but your playing is absolutely fantastic. That guitar actually smokes - no shit - it's coming out my ears. That is NOT wanking, my friend - that is pure relentless guitar playing!! I think the drums are the very best I've heard - very credible - really fat toms. The vocals --- well ---- the priest is on his way. (I kinda liked the munchkin-like voices)

I haven't read any of the other replies yet 'cause I'd probably just get confused.

Truly excellent work - I'm very much impressed!!
~Milan

It just dawned on me why I was able to get into this tune so much - I bought a new espresso machine today and have been working most of the afternoon and evening getting the flavor just right so I am - how would you say it? - f***ing wired to the ceiling. I just noticed it's 3am here. That jam just put the icing on the proverbial cake - really excellent music there. I tip my hat again......and again.........and again........

Very heavy tune. i like it alot. There are a few spots that the vox sound a bit too distirted, but that is just a preference thing. Keep this shit coming man...abso-fuckinglutely!!!!!!!

that drum programming is fucking awesome...
1:10...pure sam ...is that alvin and the chipminks in there??..lol..

im not a fan of the scream/wail/death/skeletor..singing thing ..but that aside the song itself rocks decently enough ...specially considering its 1:30am here...and this is the first song i have listened to on the bbs in about a month...you have this thing dialed in ..did you effect that vocal at :27-:30...thats REALLY HIGH ..and painful sounding ...NICE WORK!.

ok ..

3rd time...as much as i dont get into that screaming ....i cant imagine this sounding ANY other way ...so it must work ..right?

this makes me squirmy ...hmmm...weird ...thats what i would describe it as..."man that song makes me squirmy as HELL"...

i think thats a cool thing.

J.

Yes!!! This is awesome! By far my favorite vocals I've heard from you!

Somehow the overall mix sounds a little softer (not just volume) and darker than the previous mix w/o vocals. The other one was a little crisper and punchier. I don't know what happened. The toms especially could use a little more punch.

I'm glad you kept some of the guitar wanking in there. It's some darn cool wanking.

Wow! Those drums sound terrific. The only reason I knew they are fake because nobody in hear get's that good of a real drum sound. :) Programming is what makes it. The samples are great, but you program with fluidity. Nice. Drums aside, the rest is nice. You always give us a some surprises that make me say B Sab. Good. I don't listen to this type of music, but from my experience, the surprises you bring show a much greater creativity level than the average metal song. Nice playing and screaming! :) You are another one of the bbs talents that makes me really enjoy this place. Thanks.

The Chipmunk voice was cool juxtaposed against the hard-edged music. Did you get Freedie Krueger to sing the other parts? Nice lead guitar playing. Nice guitar accents in other spots (e.g., the quick little fills from :31 to :35 - repeated elsewhere).

Check out 1:08-1:10 and 2:26-2:28. I can't tell if that's clipping on the vocal track or just amp distortion.

SWEET!!!

I really like your vocals. Kinda Pete Tagtgren-ish. I'm a big fan of the painful sounding vocals, conveys the pathos well.

This is right up my alley, I wish I could mix as well as you...

I've d/l ed stuff of your before, fall of the violent, etc, this is by far the best.

Hey Sam,
i glanced through the reply's, and agree about the drums, ....nice! ....REAL nice!! This is a little heavier than im qualified to critique style-wise:D I like the guits... and everything else in this... All of the sounds you picked work well within the tune. Mix is great as usual..... Nice one here man....allthough, Im afraid to listen again:D gw/5

I thought the drums were too far out in the mix and a different snare sound might help it. I am a stickler for understanding the words in a song so, all that screaming... I couldn't understand a word of it. THe feeling I got was scary. But, if "metal" was what you were after, well, you may have achieved it. from 1 to 5... 3.5 Good. I give you props for being brave enough to post... I'm not just yet but, eventually will. Feel free to be as critical when I submit a song. Oh, and for a metal tune... I sorta liked it.

Later,
Chris

"I give you props for being brave enough to post"

Hey, encourage him, and he might be brave enough to post another...

we aint worthy!

Wished S8N was still around these parts..you two could pull off some bad ass collab's. My 20/20's aint here no more Sam (at a diffrent location) so all I's got's is these shit boxes here at home, but I coluld tell it's another great mix from you...drums sound GREAT..nice chops on that git. The vox..well I couldn't understand much lol!:D But hell, I think they sound furkin fantastic. Have a pretty nice library of your tunes to date!:) sMoKe on bro!

I WOULD DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING TO GET FAKE DRUMS TO SOUND LIKE THAT!!!! HOLLY FUCK!!!!

That song is the shit!! It is dark and nasty with the greatest tinge of fuck off!!! I love it!!!!

LOOKS like We need to buy that machine then pray to our demon that we can get it to sound half as good!!!

Loved the squallin guitar!

Nice tune man. :D

I don't know much about metal "standards" but it seems like the drums (particulalry the cymbals) were a bit high in the mix. Nothing horrible... they just kinda stepped on the gits a bit. I liked the riff in the intro.. almost sounded like the theme to a video game. :D Gits coulda been a little bigger and "in-my-face". but over-all, pretty good.

Sorry if this has already been covered... I barely have time to listen these days, let alone keep up with all the conversations. :p

WATYF

As per usual, a quality product!

Songwriting is stellar, tho 'Disrepair' is still my favourite. I still listen to it often.

I'd like some more 'bite' in the guitars, which also could be a bit louder. Also, the drums lack some punch and heaviness..

I'd be very interested in giving a shot at mixing this song... How about that, Sam?

Cool song! as always.

Back