May he rest in peace...

King Elvis

In memory of the true King of Rock and Roll...Elvis Presley. Rocks first superstar, who died on this day 25 years ago. Try to imagine a world without rock and roll...can't do it can you, but there was a time when this was true. They say God gave Rock and Roll to you, but thats not exactly true. God gave Rock and Roll to Elvis...Elvis gave Rock and Roll to you, and you give it back to the world everytime you post a song here. So, like him or not, honor his memory today however you see fit...say a prayer, drink a toast to him...whatever. Because as John Lennon once said..."Before Elvis there was NOTHING!!!"

Rest easy Elvis
Were taking care of business right here!!!
Mike

The King ... May he rest in peace ...

Favorite Elvis Track -- Heartbreak Hotel with Viva Las Vegas and/or Houndog a close second

Favorite Elvis Movie -- Toss up between Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock

Worst Elvis Movie -- Anything he made in the late 60's (but I do like Blue Hawaii)

Fat Elvis or Skinny Elvis -- definately Skinny Elvis -- man, that guy rocked

Worst Elvis Moment -- The meeting with Nixon

Coolest Elvis Story -- Elvis meeting the Beatles

All just my humble opinions!

May Elvis Rock On!

I HATED Elvis! Freakin' thief!!!

I can't stand Barry White either!!

Sorry!

JailHouse Rock was O.K.!

I understand you feeling on that one. Think Elvis ripped off black music for his own gain?? I've heard Eminem diss him. But, heres the facts. First off, it was a different time...racism, segregation...especially in the south. and for a southern boy to dig blues and rhythm and blues was unheard of at that time. He took that form of music and gave it to the masses. He made it acceptable for the white man to dig black music and I am quoting James Brown on that one. Elvis never downplayed or hid his influences and where his style of music originated from. Its hard to imagine today since every 16 year old white boy thinks he is down with rap. But without Elvis, would that have happened??

Correction

I have to correct the James Brown quote from my last reply. What James actually said was "Elvis taught the white man how to get down!!!"

John Lennon said Elvis died the day he went in the army. I did like Elvis to a certain point. I thought he was suppose to show back up today?:D

Sorry King!!

.......... besides the robbery, the MAIN reason I hated Elvis is this:
When we were kids, my younger bro' used to control the T.V. set EVERY TIME some d@mn Elvis movie came on! If the World Series, or Super Bowl or some sort of sporting event was on the tube and I wanted to watch and if an Elvis movie was on at the same time, my bro' would wake up early in the A.M.(1st 1 to turn on the T.V. was in control of us siblings viewing habits for the day-we only had 1 T.V ) Elvis This,Elvis That, man my bro was an Elvis (and Star Trek) Junkieeeee!!. Those movies sickened me (along with his moosic)
I could NEVER watch any kind of Elvis Special on T.V. ' cause what my younger bro' put us thru when we were kids!:(

OK, cool. Now I cant or wont defend his movies because the 60's Elvis is my least favorite. Man, you let me ramble on like that and it is just because you wanted to watch TV???

Take Care!!

King Elvis said:
OK, cool. Now I cant or wont defend his movies because the 60's Elvis is my least favorite. Man, you let me ramble on like that and it is just because you wanted to watch TV???

Take Care!!

LMAO!!!!:D :p :D

It's cool!

I heard Elvis produced most of his own material, therefore the "Elvis Sound" was his own doing!

Elvis was also very cool for his time!

Does anyone remember the duet he did with Bing Cosby (or was it Sinatra??)

I remember he did all the textbook Elvis shtick, and it was in Black and White.

Maybe the King can help me on this one?

That was Sinatra...right after Elvis got out of the army Sinatra host a welcome home Elvis tv special and they sang a duet together. That was in 1960.

Elvis was one of the first singers I ever heard.I used to play my dads albums when I was 4 years old on and old shitty record player in 1969."marie's the name(latest flame)" or something like that and "Little Sister" were the ones I played over and over.Little Sister had some of those licks down in E that stevie ray ended up doing on Scuttle Button.(not exactly but in the same neighborhood)....that also brings back a memory of an album he had with Paul Revere and The raiders on it with song called "Just Like Me"......that was some rockin shit for back then.

Man Kramer!!!
Thats exactly how I was first exposed to Elvis was by listening to my moms old records!!! On my old shitty record player!!! How old are you about 35??

King Elvis said:
Man Kramer!!!
Thats exactly how I was first exposed to Elvis was by listening to my moms old records!!! On my old shitty record player!!! How old are you about 35??

Im 37.:eek: It doesnt seem like that long ago when I was listening to those records either!I used to sit in the middle of the floor with that shitty record player and just play records for hours.LOL.

i concur...i wanna hear you do "love me tender"...only at about 180bpm....and instead of singing play that killer guitar of yours on the vocal lines....THAT would be cool...and i promise to gush all over it when you do..:D

come on man...
jamal

Back