Last Hurrah

Suggestions ....

Definitely Nirvana .....

I didn't care for the lead vocal doubling the guitar at the intro. Can't put a finger on it though.

At about 1:02 (1st chorus), I hear a "screaming guitar" in the right speaker along with the rhythm guitar. I'd move it to the opposite side - I think it would be more effective.

Coming out of the first chorus, I'd be sure to bring the drums down some. It will help accent the contrast of the "head banging" chorus and "delicate" verse. Probably true for other verses as well.

2nd Chorus: Harmony starting at 2:05 ... good. High harmony at 2:10 ..... great !!! .... with one minor exception, you step it down on the word "hurrah". Any chance of keeping it "up there" on "hurrah" ... and even until the lead guitar? Bring it back at 3:25 too.

Finally, at 3:59, where it quiets down to just a distorted guitar and "blowpipe" (?). I'd quickly fade out the distorted guitar and bring in the "arpeggio" guitar sooner. I think quiet ending with the "blowpipe" is very effective, but the distorted guitar gets in the way.

Great start. It will be very cool when finished.

Waiting for the final ........

BPOCO

Real good song-Good vocal work and melodies-With a little tightening up on the arrangement this will be great--meaning-I think you should get really dynamic with this-soft verse-heavy chorus etc. maybe just bass and drums for a verse??Theres a million ways to break it up, but it makes the differnce. The recording was good too-I could hear everything ok-drums sounded better than usual. Funny guitar solo-I'd whip out the echo's and flangers for it but thats just me....Anyway good song Jamal.

good stuff. up the tempo. get somebody that can play lead to do the solo.

'make a wish on a star' line has to go. come up with something else.

beef up the rythm guitars.

i look forward to hearing the next draft.

Dang.... how did I miss this thing...?? :eek:

This is a freakin' good song and a pretty darn decent recording. Couple drum fixes would help a little. A few tweaks here and there, but sheesh... great energy on this one... a nice hook... and cool ending.

I agree aboot the solo... a little long, and it seemed like it wasn't really going anywhere. Some parts didn't really "fit" the song either.

But over-all.... man.... you could so get some local air-play off this thing.

WATYF

Last edited:
Fuck all of you and your "I can fill up :45 seconds with a non-boring" solo opinions...

...I thought this beast was dead, lol.

chrisharris said:
Fuck all of you and your "I can fill up :45 seconds with a non-boring" solo opinions...

...I thought this beast was dead, lol.
LOL...naw, I'm kidding. There were a few threads before this one where I got roasted pretty good, so I just thought I'd keep the tradition alive.

I'm mostly an acoustic guy, lol.

chrisharris said:
LOL...naw, I'm kidding. There were a few threads before this one where I got roasted pretty good, so I just thought I'd keep the tradition alive.
Oooohh... Which ones...???

I like watching you get roasted.

:D

WATYF

Hey Chris,
.....put up your mastered version of this. ....you know, the one with the great big sweaty bass nads:D :D

chrisharris said:

I'm mostly an acoustic guy, lol.

I seem to remember you bragging in the cave a few days ago, about how you could play the solo to Tommy Tutones "867-5309" with ONE good hand.lmao!:D ;)

whoa... this is damn good.
This stands up against anything on the radio.
Sounds like a cross between Nirvana and Radiohead.
Your singing is pro level.

I could very easily hear you singing on my latest post :)

DimChandeliers said:
whoa... this is damn good.
This stands up against anything on the radio.
Sounds like a cross between Nirvana and Radiohead.
Your singing is pro level.

I could very easily hear you singing on my latest post :)

You heard the man, Jamal! Get on his post and sing! :eek:

Guernica said:
Hey Chris,
.....put up your mastered version of this. ....you know, the one with the great big sweaty bass nads:D :D
Sorry...I was out having a life for a change, lol.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1698&alid=601

You know, it's funny, but Jamal and I both commented that there are bass licks in this song that we'd never even noticed before, AND I HAD THE DRY TRACK, lol...Very nice work on this one Dad.

It's the one called "New Analog Mix" or something like that.

SWEET LORD !

THAT WAS GOOD.

Jamal, you are going on my list of essential listens.

WOW!

SWEET MONSTROSITY!

THIS IS GOOD! and its INSTANTLY GOOD!

Definitely an A

CyanJaguar said:
SWEET LORD !

THAT WAS GOOD.

WOW!

SWEET MONSTROSITY!

Definitely an A
I knew this would be up your alley...

...how's that for a wildcard, eh?

:D

(the whole thing is one big wildcard. :p)

WATYF

CyanJaguar said:
SWEET LORD !

THAT WAS GOOD.

WOW!

SWEET MONSTROSITY!

Definitely an A
There's a part in here where Jamal basically says that I'm the only reason this song is worth a damn. You know, the lush background vocals, the killer screaming guitar solo, the mix... Not sure where it is, really...or if he ever said that, or if it's even true...but I know that he FEELS it in his heart, lmao.

Back