Jihad Joe - An original that might get me beheaded

Greg_L

Banned
I wasn't gonna post this, but fuck it. I just realized a little while ago that it's 9/11 today. Seems strangely appropriate? I don't know. This is not a pro-america song though. I write cheesy songs, but not that cheesy. :yawn:

Jihad Joe

I didn't consider this mix finished, but I listened and it seems mostly okay to me. See what you think. :drunk:

Any comments, even if you hate it, especially if you hate it, are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg :guitar:

Jihad Joe
We march through the hills
Tally up our kills
Enforce sharia law
Hear us singing praise be to allah!

Tough guys in a dress
Our hair and beards - a mess
Be careful where you tread
Cuz we'll cut off your head

Go! Go! Go! Jihad Joe!
Go Go Jihad Joe!

Our life is so swell
Killing infidels
We fight for our cause
Here us shouting praise be to Allah!

We rule the middle east
With an iron fist of peace
Cash in a million sins
For seventy-two virgins

Go! Go! Go! Jihad Joe!
Go Go Jihad Joe!

Christians and Athiests
Jews and all Buddhists
Jehova's Witness
Scientologists
Communists and fascists
White supremacists
No one on this list
Is as fucked as a Jihadist

Go! Go! Go! Jihad Joe!
Go Go Jihad Joe!

This is going to be on the news tomorrow under the headlines "Western ISIS recruitment propaganda network reaches Soundcloud".

Fun song :D
You play everything yourself?

Lol, I love the death march power chords. I like the allah-la-la-la-la too. :D That's funny. It's a fun song cleverly done. Good punk groove with good lyrics and good tone all the way around. Kind of reminds me of the 80's band "the rhythm pigs".
They probably had the slickest production of any punk band but still sounded punk. Dosen't need much in the way of mixing imo.
Great song greg!

Last edited:
Lol, I love the death march power chords. I like the allah-la-la-la-la too. :D That's funny. It's a fun song cleverly done. Good punk groove with good lyrics and good tone all the way around. Kind of reminds me of the 80's band "the rhythm pigs".
They probably had the slickest production of any punk band but still sounded punk. Dosen't need much in the way of mixing imo.
Great song greg!
Thanks a lot Jimi. :)

I've listened to your stuff on Soundcloud. It all sounded really well done.
I remember reading somewhere that you don't like to gig. One man show, huh?
Thanks. No, I don't like to gig, but I do it anyway. I play with two bands - drums in one and guitar in another. Neither one of them feature any of my own songs. This is just a one-man hobby for me.

This looks like it will be a blast. I'm re-mixing a tune right now, but will definitely check this out later on. :cool:

This looks like it will be a blast. I'm re-mixing a tune right now, but will definitely check this out later on. :cool:

Hurry up before they come get me. :D

Nah, no worries bud. I'm out for the night. Hopefully I make it back!

Enjoyed it. The shit you're yelling in the background was a nice touch. On first listen, I chuckled out loud at the "oi oi" after "white supremacists". I went back to listen to the bass part again at 2:15 that I liked, focused on the background yelling which I hadn't really noticed before, and chuckled again.

Reminds me of a NOFX song, though possibly because they're the only band I heard sing about Muslims before. See you on liveleak at your decapitation! :)

I really hated that. But one thing i've learned listening to your stuff is that you'll never beat micing up a marshall to get those guitar sounds - amp sims have had me half convinced at times but then i listen to something like this and realise they'll always sound fake. Please don't tell me you used AxeFX or something for this....:facepalm:

But really i didn't hate it, punk doesn't have to sound like it was recorded in a toilet, and with this sort of production it shows that musicianship is just as important as in any other music. Also it was offensive and politically incorrect enough for me to have to like it, no matter what side of the political/religious fence you want to sit on.

Enjoyed it. The shit you're yelling in the background was a nice touch. On first listen, I chuckled out loud at the "oi oi" after "white supremacists". I went back to listen to the bass part again at 2:15 that I liked, focused on the background yelling which I hadn't really noticed before, and chuckled again.

Reminds me of a NOFX song, though possibly because they're the only band I heard sing about Muslims before. See you on liveleak at your decapitation! :)
Haha, thanks. Just for clarification, this isn't really a shot at muslims in general. I have no problem with islam itself or the millions of peaceful people that practice islam. It's a shot at the whacked out murdering extremist muslims. If you're a fringe extremist in any walk of life, you're probably a whacked out fuckhead. So fuck them. Jihad muslims are just especially silly.

I really hated that. But one thing i've learned listening to your stuff is that you'll never beat micing up a marshall to get those guitar sounds - amp sims have had me half convinced at times but then i listen to something like this and realise they'll always sound fake. Please don't tell me you used AxeFX or something for this....:facepalm:
Nope, no AxeFX. No sims. 3 real guitar tracks in total.
L rhythm - Gibson SG - Marshall JCM 800 - 1960A Greenback cab - SM57 and Audix i5 blend.
R rhythm - Hallmark 60 Custom - same amp, cab, speaker, mics as other rhythm track.
Lead - SG - Marshall JMP 2204 - same cab, speaker, mics as rhythm tracks.
I'm really happy with these guitar tracks. I personally think they're some of the better tracks I've ever gotten. My favorite part of these guitar tracks - no EQ. This is exactly as they were recorded. Besides a hint of reverb on the lead track, nothing at all was done to these tracks and I really like the way they sound.

But really i didn't hate it, punk doesn't have to sound like it was recorded in a toilet, and with this sort of production it shows that musicianship is just as important as in any other music. Also it was offensive and politically incorrect enough for me to have to like it, no matter what side of the political/religious fence you want to sit on.
Thanks a lot. As dumb as the lyrics are, I certainly didn't want it to seem like a pro america song or that I'm coming from any political/religious viewpoint. I'm just making fun of crazy people and the crazy way they think and do things.

Quality :laughings:

I have nothing to add. :thumbs up:

Awesome, thanks man. :)

Oh you are so beheaded it isn't even funny. Nice knowin' ya.

Really tight performances.

Drums sound great.

My only suggestion is it seems the guitars are a little too heavy sounding and the bass is a little too light sounding. They sound fine the way they are. But if it were me, I'd give a little more of the low end to the bass and a little less to the guitars.

The thing I like the most is that it has several "parts" all very different rhythmically but flow together well.
And if Obama would make this his theme song now...think of the shit that would cause

It's got more than a little NoFX sound to my ears, Greg. :D Only not insanely quick like most of their stuff. Very funny song. :D

Awesome, man. Love the slight ring you have on the snare that I noticed mostly in the intro. Everything sounds great. Great timing changes. This tune's got everything, even pick slides!!!!

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone with the lyrics, whether it be Americans, Arabs, or anyone else. All this beheading shit is fake bullshit, just like 9/11 was fake....just like 99% of what we see on the "news" (HAHAHA!) is fake. But that's a whole 'nother story.

Great stuff, man.

That is a brilliant song. Very cool and funny as hell. Pure Awesome :thumbs up:
Thanks flatulator! :D

Great song! I don't have any feedback mix-wise, sounds really good.
Cool thanks dude. :)
Oh you are so beheaded it isn't even funny. Nice knowin' ya.

Really tight performances.

Drums sound great.

My only suggestion is it seems the guitars are a little too heavy sounding and the bass is a little too light sounding. They sound fine the way they are. But if it were me, I'd give a little more of the low end to the bass and a little less to the guitars.
Thanks Trip. That's interesting about the guitars and bass. I'll have to think about that one.

Back