I'd Love to Change the World...

I'm not sure the lyrical "change the world" Irony works for me Richard.

Irony is better used to attack cynical targets... like people's attitude toward poverty... which is why people like Springsteen are so good at using it.

The recording quality is really good for it being live. I didn't care for the way the band butchered the song by over playing everything and skipping the tempo changes. The singer mumbled through the lyrics that he didn't know and sang wrong lyrics in other parts.

As a 40+ year fan of this song, I'd have to say....you didn't improve it. I kept hoping for parts that didn't appear. You took the easy way out by keeping everything in metronomic 4/4 time, rather than inserting the tempo and timing changes that made the song original in its time. It's those changes that made the song stand out, and without them, it's just....well....a mediocre rock song. Sorry!

On the plus side, everything is well-recorded and clear.

recording's fairly nice ....... band is fairly sloppy ...... singer is kinda so-so.

It does sound like ya'll had fun which is most important. Next time I'm in Vero Beach I'll try to look ya'll up ...... I play there occassionally.

As a 40+ year fan of this song, I'd have to say....you didn't improve it. I kept hoping for parts that didn't appear. You took the easy way out by keeping everything in metronomic 4/4 time, rather than inserting the tempo and timing changes that made the song original in its time. It's those changes that made the song stand out, and without them, it's just....well....a mediocre rock song. Sorry!

On the plus side, everything is well-recorded and clear.

Don't blame me, I just recorded it. ;)

I'll post another song from the same night in a bit that you might enjoy.

recording's fairly nice ....... band is fairly sloppy ...... singer is kinda so-so.

It does sound like ya'll had fun which is most important. Next time I'm in Vero Beach I'll try to look ya'll up ...... I play there occassionally.

That would be great fun. Where do you play here?

I'm not sure the lyrical "change the world" Irony works for me Richard.

Irony is better used to attack cynical targets... like people's attitude toward poverty... which is why people like Springsteen are so good at using it.

I'm sure he'll be passing on that information to "10 Years After", who recorded this about 40 years ago. :)

Last edited:
the two gigs I've done so far have been at a yacht club.
Apparently some people in Vero Beach have some money!
:D

SOME of them do. They really need to give more of it to me. :) That sort of goes along with the lyrics of the song doesn't it?

Most likely the Vero Beach Yacht club. I'm going to record a jazz band there in January and am looking forward to it.

Back