Help wanted: Smokin' players needed

DavidK

Are you a smokin' player?? Well? Huh?? No you say?? What the heck are you doing in my "smokin' players" thread? :confused: :D

I dont know where this tune is going, right now its just a midi sketch. As you will hear, it will slowly build and at 1:52 it will rock. Some guitars, some percussion, some keys, maybe drums? I dont know and I welcome suggestions.

My idea is to have this thing morph. It slowly becomes a rock tune or something like that. All the strings will of course be real. There are no tempos to this, no bpm. Good luck. :D

king-collab

Music is famous, it's by Grieg. Think "Trans-Siberian Orchestra" at the end. Any takers?? You KNOW you want to... ;)

Been listening to Wakeman again?

Oh, sorry. I forgot you're the kind to have already known the whole Grieg piece. :D

But you do know Rick Wakeman already 'rockified' it don't you?

On his album 'Journey To The Center Of The Earth'.

Early-mid 70's.

This is something I'd love to take a shot at, but I don't have the first clue how to do an online colab thing (I know, I'm missing a lot :o ) Besides, you'll have people jumping all over this!

Shit...I still have to go buy your CD!

Just wondering

when you say morph, do you mean instrumentation? Do you want to pretty much stick to the score, or do mean you want it to go in a whole different direction, with 'Hall' as the jump-off point?

notCardio said:
when you say morph, do you mean instrumentation? Do you want to pretty much stick to the score, or do mean you want it to go in a whole different direction, with 'Hall' as the jump-off point?

I think I mean that its going to go from classical piece to rock piece in 2.5 minutes. This is the end of an 18 minute suite, so I dont want to extend it. What I have now is basically the score. At about 1:52 it has to go into full-blown mayhem (sp). There will be violins a-squeakin and a-squakin on the high stuff, I need some other stuff to rock it out a bit, something I am not very good at. :o

Its basically the same tune 3 times>

1. will be like it is, with better patches.
2. Will add a lil progressive ELP keyboard part I have and maybe some light percussion. Little things added along the way, maybe a guitar doubling the melody at some point.
3. The whole enchilada, big bombastic symphonic rock ending. "3" begins at 1:52 I think.

This is something I'd love to take a shot at, but I don't have the first clue how to do an online colab thing (I know, I'm missing a lot

Its pretty simple. You play along with the mp3, isolate your part and send the .wav file of your part alone. I am good at editing so I make stuff fit or leave it out. :D

notCardio said:
Oh, sorry. I forgot you're the kind to have already known the whole Grieg piece. :D

Early-mid 70's.

No, I didnt know this. I doubt he is the only one who has done it. What he probably didnt do is the other 3 mvmts. Mine are not rocked out and pretty original. Rocking out the last mvmt is almost obligatory since the orchestra itself rocks out to an extent.

Didn't Wakeman just stick to one key? I recall it was a fairly pedestrian version & there was something wrong with it - that something was the key change perhaps?

notCardio said:

Early-mid 70's.

Wakeman, have done this, Jon Lords allways plays it when visiting Norway.

I remember reading that this is one of the most played classical tune by Rock bands.
The main "riff" if you can call it that is just on of the greatest riffs IMHO.

David K: I wish I could contribute to this, but I`m far from skilled enough.

a band called Aunt Mary from Norway did a killer version of this in the early 70`s , they even went into a Santana\conga beat in the outro :cool:

I hope this gets collabed, cant wait to hear it :cool:

DavidK said:
Are you a smokin' player?? Well? Huh?? No you say?? What the heck are you doing in my "smokin' players" thread? :confused: :D

I dont know where this tune is going, right now its just a midi sketch. As you will hear, it will slowly build and at 1:52 it will rock. Some guitars, some percussion, some keys, maybe drums? I dont know and I welcome suggestions.

My idea is to have this thing morph. It slowly becomes a rock tune or something like that. All the strings will of course be real. There are no tempos to this, no bpm. Good luck. :D

king-collab

Music is famous, it's by Grieg. Think "Trans-Siberian Orchestra" at the end. Any takers?? You KNOW you want to... ;)

I have downloaded the tune and will have a mess around with this Dave! :)

Back