Happy Sober (Indie Rock)

Great tune! I don't have anything constructive to add, sorry. I just thought it was a shame an effort this good hadn't got a comment yet heh.

Wow, very nice. Really great job. Everything is nice clear, clean, nice bass. Really good effort.

Yeah, sounds great. You have a good voice. It's a very pristine recording & mix - has a great '90's feel.

Agree, good job with this song. Not sure I like the way the electric guitar is Eq'd. It has nice grit and body, but I think it may be mudding up the mix especially in the chorus. I would look around low-mids and see if something is clashing. Just a personal preference though. Great job.

Beautiful song! Great voice. Nice feel! Superb.

Maybe just a bit of automation on the eq during the choruses when the guitars are fighting the multitude of vocals to make it just a little bit clearer.

Nice tune - very 90s-sounding for sure. Everything sounds pretty good, but there's something fatiguing about the sound to me --- it sounds kind of over-hyped in the upper midrange maybe. Could be just me, I don't know. But I wouldn't be able to listen to a whole album like this. And it's not the song or the performances at all; those are all great. It's just a little too "crispy" sounding, for lack of a better term.

I was stoked to hear this since I love indie and especially late 80s through late 90s, and this was good for 60 seconds, but then it got super repetitive. I'd work on the arrangement and throw in some variation. It has promise, buddy.

I know what 4tracker is saying - after the initial intro, there's not a lot of dynamic change in this.
In the bridge ("You threw it all away,..."), the guitars do come up in volume, but the vocal actually is further back which gives a strange feel to it.

Nice voice, good song. I like the electric guitar tone, but the acoustic in the intro sounds a little boxy. Certainly not a deal breaker in a mix this good. Backing vocals are just right, they're just present enough to add to the chorus. Drums sound good to me. Bass guitar could use a little variation...I can hear it filling out the low end, following the chords under the guitars but it gets pretty lost in the mix. A little fill or variation now and again might help it establish itself in the arrangement. All in all, a bang-up job man.

I get it.. good song not the perfect mix but maybe the perfect mix for the song.. great feel.

Nice tune. Acoustic guitars sound good, are they double tracked? Kick drum sounds great. I can hear the bass quite well on my system.

I like this song. I do hear a lot of songs that I wouldn't think are out of place if I heard them on the radio, this is one of them.

Back