Bulldozer - Bigger, better, faster, more?

I didn't hear the first mix (sorry for missing it!) but I really like this. The drums sound great and the wet guitars are perfect for this. The lead vocal sounds great, and the backup vox are lush and wide.

Stick a fork in it--it's done! And sounds great to me!

I listened to this one last night I think but I guess I neglected to post...I think it sounds great. Really not sure of anything I'd change. It certainly didn't derseve to go 4 days without a reply. That just happens sometimes...sorry.

Wow, what great variety. Love the changes of pace. At times sounds a little like Yes, other times like J. Giels Band (you can tell I'm old). Well done. Send this puppy off for mastering.

Thanks for listening guys... Some previous replies suggested some structural changes to make it more commercial/radio-friendly, but I had some who liked it like it is, so I'm considering doing a heavily edited version also, cut down to about 3min without all the self-indulgent wailing on it...

I would also like to add that the lyrics are great. Contemporary & very relevant/meaningful. First person tree is an interesting twist.

Amanda

nice polished sound and great mix...Ive either forgotten how good folks are in this forum or damn if some of you guys arent producing some excellent music now..

anyway fave parts...guitar, lovely tone and just perfect amount of effects, change of pace is excellent and needed....good solid chorus and nice breakdown, keeps it all very interesting

really good job all in all

Thanks for the kind comments...

I would also like to add that the lyrics are great. Contemporary & very relevant/meaningful. First person tree is an interesting twist.

Amanda

Glad you noticed (& liked) the lyrics! I have had some negative comments about them... Someone said they were too "Spock-like", which I guess translates to "too cerebral, not emotive enough" so, I dunno....My goal was to create a song that would encourage you to dance, headbang & think (maybe not all at the same time, though!).

That drum sound is freakin awesome! I love it. Production is amazing, even a radio friendly song. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard this on a rock radio station. The vocals are pristine, everything is just great.

Fantastic job!

Thanks for listening & commenting, Squibble!

The drum performance was recorded with a live drummer & a multi-miked drum kit, but due to his time constraints, we couldn't get a complete perfect take, so I ended up compromising & replaced everything with Addictive Drums samples... About 95% of what you hear is his performance, but still I would have preferred to have real drums on this.

Back