an actual band

B.SABBATH

hey dudes, this tune was recorded at my friends house using Cubebase.. We tried a collaboration experiment.. He sent me a Wave of the mix using this free tool http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html

I added vocals, synths and sound efx..

This band is looking for a singer, so this is what I added to the already recorded music.. I can hear what's wrong with his mix, but feel free to point it out anyway..

rip the vocals with total disregard of clinic etiquette! :D

Basically I put this up to see what my homeys think of me with these guys. :D They are Martin on guitar, Bill on bass, and Mike on drums..

if you feel like ripping it up 'bad design' www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

thanks as always!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Im too busy rocking to criticize a mix....besides the vocal being too buried.....

yeah!!!!!!! you fit right into this groove, man!!!!!! dig the tune.
i dont how you do it, but you took this guy's tune, and wrote your name all over the sum bitch!!! how did they like it???

if they dug it, man, i say HOOK UP!!!!!! it's a match made in hell!!(imo)
:D

ive been lucky these last two tune's of yours!! posted right as i came on line!! u need to keep doing that!!:D

im all over it, bro!!

peace

rick

cool!

only the guitar player and you guys have heard it.. the guitar player liked it, but the bassist has the most seniority.. I feel better knowing that 2 other people thought it was cool! :)

I forgot to mention that the guitar is straight Sansamp GT2 with nothing added.. He compressed the piss out of the whole mix though.. I didnt add anything to there original sound other than my parts..

thanks a lot doooods!! :D

Your vocals made that song, B.
Your emphisis on parts and the changes in moods fed that song to the meat in it.

Thumbs up.

I got caught up in it for a bit and was like listening to sab kinda. You know bout the vocals, jus louder. I`d like to hear a bit more presence in the solo guitar grind.
very thick and deep mix :)

Hey Sam,
.......Cool man, sounds like youve got a live gig:) You're the frosting on this cake man..... no disrespect to the other fellas, .........just kind of bland performances. Yeah, he squished the shite out of this one.
Wasnt too inspired by this tune in particular, but I like the familiar place that you are trying to take it (Samicide-land). All of the performances sounded real solid, just lacking a little inspiration....... Im thinking that a month of collabin/jammin' w/ these guys will make a tune like this flat out smoke......

.....I agree about the vocs.......... I cant heeeeeaaar you:D

Does this project have a name? .....Is this the birth of something?

Great stuff Sam.......... .......looking forward to hearing more from this project.

G

Hey Sam...........cool! Are you gonna start playing live with these guys? That'd be great; you should do it. The band sounds like it could be very cool with you added. Please turn those vocals up some is the only comment I have. You really did put the Sabbath stamp on this song....that's amazing how you do that.

Well...........

It is not as interesting as your other stuff...
but, cool none the less....

I agree with LT. pretty much but,......
I would lower the music...
the vox seems to be at the right level........

Of course I just finished 4 hours of tracking so my ears are totally fried.....
What do I know anyways.........

I also agree that they would be cool to play out with....
just your kind of stuff...ya know?

Rock on man,
Joe

Yep, bring up the vox. I think when you use the vocal effects you use here, one must pay extra attention to keeping the vocals up in the mix. They seem to get more easily buried. Just my observation anyway. I thought the vocal performance was terrific. I liked your synth parts. They were a nice addition. Good powerful mix all around.

Something was wierd with the guitar - no midrange. I agree with G in that the other parts were kind of uninspired. It's as if they were playing to get through the song.

Anyway, those are my thoughts...

Sam, I gotta work, but I'll give this a listen this afternoon brother. Way to get out there man. I may be right behind ya! :D

Sam, I listened last night. What can I say. It rocks! It does have your signature all over it.

great input!

thanks a lot guys!

fenderkickinhood - :D thanks bro! your always there when I need input.. No matter how many songs I post, I still cant get over this place.. I mean people from all over the country have heard the song, but the bassist and drummer who live 15 minutes away, won't be hearing it until Wednesday.. If this thread dies before Wednesday, I'lll send you a p.m. and tell you what the other guys thought.. thanks fenderbender!

badgas - very cool to see you around again.. thanks a lot for the words man.. that really does make me feel good.. BTW, did you ever finish work on 'Woolston Church'? I thought that was a good tune, but it got lost during my crash..

Toki987 - thanks man! I agree with you..

Guernica - I agree with most everything you said too.. I'm not sure about the name because I suffer from short term memory loss.. I think it is still undecided.. They have a bunch of songs, and the bassist is a military man.. He works on helicopters.. Since they dont have a singer, all the songs are named after the military letters.. Like song 1 is 'alpha', song 2 is 'bravo', song 3 is 'charlie', song 4 'delta'.. This song was 'echo' before I had my way with it.. The guitar player smokes more pot than anyone I have ever met (including me) and that is a lot.. The strange thing is he is a computer programmer for a living.. I used to play drums for a cover band that involved this bassist and the guitarist.. We ran into problems because of musical differences.. He was more of a 'Creed/New Metallica' type guy..You know, the watered down neo heavyness radio default type stuff.. He has now gotten into a little heavier stuff though.. The bassist is also like 40 years old.. I may sing and play boards for these guys.. I'll know this week.. I really would like to get out there again because I am getting bored playing with myself! :eek:

Lt. Bob - hey Lt., check out Guernicas reply... Depending on some things, I would like to play with these guys.. All the singers they tried out were doing the heavy rap new style type vox, and they were out of key when they tried to sing.. BTW, I was going to email you to tell you I found that other sax line.. When you sent me the 'experiment,' you also sent a mellower sax line, and I luckily made a back up of it.. I didnt even know i had it until I found an unlabeled CD.. I am going to put music to it if your still into it.. thanks Lt.! this chainsaw things is cool too eh? We split this wave into 5 chunks about 7 megs each..

joro - thanks man! Yeah maybe I'll actually have some fun with music for once! :D

Triple M - hey Trip, sorry about erasing that other tune.. it was hurting my ears man..:D thanks for giving me your take on things.. I agree with most of what you said.. thanks for commenting on the vox!

SLuiCe - cool avatar.. at first I thought you were dressed as a vampire, but then I realized you were a mime! :D

Track Rat - thanks a lot Track! these comments have given me some confidence that I wouldnt have had otherwise..

Gentlemen, you guys kick ass!

BTW, did anyone realize that was a military jet plane sample I put at the very start of the tune? :D

Turn up the vocals, and you've got a winner. The drum sounds are great and huge, but I don't like that weird hi-hat thing on the left that's done a few times on the main riff. I see you like to do them vocal effects again, but that's become your trademark, so I'll let it pass. I'd use it more sparingly.

I don't know why you're so down on your vocals? They fit this style perfectly.

Yeah, the vocals obviously need to come up. You should also bring up that really fucking cool modulating lead synth sound. Treat it just like a vocal line. Add a bit more presence and a "vocal spread" reverb/delay type effect. That rocks!

This may be a matter of taste, but the rhythm section needs way more attack in my opinion. I keep wanting to feel the thumps, but they never materialize.

Cool one Sam!

barefoot

http://barefootsound.com

Yeah, B. Sabbath.
I think I pretty near finished it.
I'm taking a break from it though to work on a few other songs.
I don't play the drums so I'm kinda working with someone who says they may beable to do something on the percussion end.
Here's the link if ya wanna give an ear.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1956&alid=-1

I changed the name to Take Them Back.

You have a good voice.
That was a good song you did with those other guys.

Cranky One - hey Crank, I agree about the vocals being too low and saturated with effects.. I'm working on a remix right now.. It will probably be posted in a few hours.. I bought an SM58 today! Hopefully that will make a big difference in the vocal sound.. I will be talking to you very soon..

barefoot - thanks for the tips man.. I'm working on a remix right now and I will do the synth per your suggestion.. it should be up in a few hours..

badgas - hey badgas, that sounds a lot better man.. It really came a long way.. You wouldn't believe how much you sound like Bill Ward on his solo albums.. He is the drummer from Black Sabbath, but some of his solo stuff is very mellow.. I dont think you ever posted that remix, or maybe your just waiting for the percussion.. It's a cool tune though.. thanks for the comments gas! Maybe I'll put a Bill Ward tune on my site so you can hear what I mean..

Charva - thanks man!

If anyone cares, I'm working on a remix that I'll post later tonight.. Thanks for the responses guys!

Back