What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I still haven't been able to purchase a nice set of monitors so I'm stuck in "headphone hell". It's kind of pissing me off. I've been mixing a (modern hard rock) song for a friend's band that we tracked a few days ago and I'm about to just give up and let them have a go at it themselves. Sounds Awesome in the headphone, OK in the CD player, and crap when played on my regular listening environment (the compr00ta).

I just bought a pair of KRK RP-8's and I think they're pretty awesome. I'm no expert but they seem to sound as good or better than the guy who's home studio I recorded my old demo's in. Seem to be well worth the very reasonable price...

other:yorkville ysm1 bi-amps
I'm to poor to afford the top notch

but there still a nice pair of speakers.

M-Audio Bx8a

I recently picked-up a pair of the M-Audio Bx8a monitors and really like them. I can't compare them to any actual production usage, but from the auditions at the stores, these sounded the most true.

Also, my first tune mixed using these monitors ended being almost spot-on when using other systems as a reference...so that makes me feel good about this purchase. I also got some nice speaker stands thrown in with the deal.

Can't understand why you didn't think to add good old Behringer to the list of options. Even if you don't like them, many people use them, as the poll clearly shows, in excess of 40% use them or something else.

I proudly use the Behringer Truth B2030P Monitors.

other just means "not listed"..other than whats listed as a choice to vote on.
my "other" for example were JBL(used $125pair) and YSM1p's(new$377pair)..neither listed. There's so many brands and models I don't think anyone can list them all.

The poll, as Adams show at zero%, may be stating the price range of most voters, nothing to do with whats good or bad?

COOLCAT said:
other just means "not listed"..other than whats listed as a choice to vote on.
my "other" for example were JBL(used $125pair) and YSM1p's(new$377pair)..neither listed. There's so many brands and models I don't think anyone can list them all.

The poll, as Adams show at zero%, may be stating the price range of most voters, nothing to do with whats good or bad?

I'm so stupid not to notice that. :o

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

bbb...bb....bbb...Behringer!

I use bbb...bbb.....bbbb.....aw....fuk it........... :o
BEHRINGER B2031P's.........um...is that 'other'?
So stone me!
I think they sound pretty flat. I like them.
Just swapped over my gorgeous looking and sounding Jensen's.
At first I thought..."what have I done.....!!".....now I can appreciate the change. :)
regards......

Polk RTA 12B powered by a Hafler DH-200 in mid-field. Hey, I've been listening to that rig for 25 years, why change? An aging pair of Sennheiser HD-540s are my favorite headphones.

Otto

Back