what is the best delay preset which can be used for vocal tracks?

As you can tell from the smartass answers, there is no correct answer! Take a preset, modify the parameters to make it sound the way you want. If mixing was as easy as plugging in presets, then we wouldn't need this forum, would we?

Thanks legionserial you are right i'll do it guy. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you are sooooooooo funny

Thanks legionserial you are right i'll do it guy. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you are sooooooooo funny

Because you have not provided any pertinent info in the question, it is impossible to give you a pertinent answer! What gear are you recording/mixing on? What kind of song? Tempo? Etc?Etc?

No really. Read your own post.
Now, as if someone asked "What recipie should I use for dinner tonight?"
This could be a lot simpler.
You started with some notion of the sound. Well what kind of delay we're you thinling of?

And when it's all said and done you are going to want a delay unit or plugin that you can tap in the tempo.

To give you a serious answer:

There is no such thing as a universal preset that will magically work, but I can tell you aprox what works for me:

Wet/Dry: about 3-6%/94-97%
Multi tap delay: Center: Whole notes, Right: Quarter, Left: Half
Feedback: I don't like more than 1 delay on the whole and no more than 3 on the quarter notes or so
Tempo: set to fallow the song

The effect you should hear: You should BARELY hear what this is doing, it should only be obvious during sections where not a whole lot is going on or parts where the music takes a quick rest. It should blend nicely. If it's noticeable you did it wrong.

The delay I use:
Nomad Factory Creative Software Company

I don't bother with the filters.

Last edited:
And when it's all said and done you are going to want a delay unit or plugin that you can tap in the tempo.
That, or you can divide 60,000 by the tempo to give you your quarter note.

Ie: 60,000 / 120 bpm = 500ms quarter note
Divide the quarter note by 2 for eight note and so on..

Divide 1/2 note by 3 to get quarter note triplets
Divide 1/4 note by 3 to get eight note triplets and so on..

That, or you can divide 60,000 by the tempo to give you your quarter note.

Ie: 60,000 / 120 bpm = 500ms quarter note
Divide the quarter note by 2 for eight note and so on..

Divide 1/2 note by 3 to get quarter note triplets
Divide 1/4 note by 3 to get eight note triplets and so on..

Yup this works as well. :)

Back