Very Aggressive Autotune!

i came here to learn and not get my balls broken.

Literally the only tuning program I have not used is auto tune. But the way you do it in other programs is by eliminating allowance for pitch variation (natural vibrato) that comes normal to the voice. Also hard quantized pitches of course.

Singing badly helps a lot because your fixing the pitch/ using the effect more. So sing with no talent and your already half way to helping the effect sound even more dope.

You can use Melodyne to get the effect. I had to figure it out once on the spot during an "interview."

Forgive me for my bad explanation as I have only done it once and am not on my DAW computer.

Correct the every note to 100% pitch correction. Now use the pitch drift tool to make every single transition as sharp as possible. You will see the transitions from one not to the next go from slants to vertical lines. You can just select all the notes and do it at once. It takes only a few seconds to do all of this.

Yeah I use melodyne and this is how it's done. Just make sure you have all of your audio blocks (or what ever they are called) selected when you take out all of the pitch drift.

Yeah I use melodyne and this is how it's done. Just make sure you have all of your audio blocks (or what ever they are called) selected when you take out all of the pitch drift.

Thanks for the verification. I think they call them "blobs", haha. And please forgive all the typos in my previous post. Yikes. I must have been really tired.

Lots of people with smartass comments and no useful information...

The dude asked a reasonable question, if you can't give him an accurate answer, why don't you just move on to the next thread instead of polluting this one with your incessant childish bullshit?

x3rmlygood...here is an inexpensive Autotune product that has a setting that will accomplish what you want to do:

Antares Auto-Tune EFX Pitch Correcting Plug-In

I already pointed that one out as well as a pedal that specifically recreates the hard tune effect :)

Lots of people with smartass comments and no useful information...

The dude asked a reasonable question, if you can't give him an accurate answer, why don't you just move on to the next thread instead of polluting this one with your incessant childish bullshit?

Umm... it's been two days since I trolled this thread. Why are you still crying about it? :rolleyes:

Never mind AutoTune. Here's my newest pet peeve. Every time I get in the car, the song on the radio has almost exactly the same melody as the song that was on the previous day. Different band, different genre, different lyrics, but it's always some variant of the melody from Taylor Swift's "You Belong to Me". Yesterday it was a quasi-metal band doing it, of all things. When did Hollywood stop trying?

I find the same thing with any song pre 1966

With a few notable exceptions, every rock band since then has been derivative of Led Zeppelin. But there was some variety in the 70s, 80s, and 90s at least. Now it's all Taylor Swift. It makes me wax nostalgic for Kelly Clarkson, for Christ's sake. :laughings:

With a few notable exceptions, every rock band since then has been derivative of Led Zeppelin. But there was some variety in the 70s, 80s, and 90s at least. Now it's all Taylor Swift. It makes me wax nostalgic for Kelly Clarkson, for Christ's sake. :laughings:

and Led were just a copy of just about everything..I mean I like them, I get the impact, but they were about as original as the Jonas Brothers :D

and Led were just a copy of just about everything..I mean I like them, I get the impact, but they were about as original as the Jonas Brothers :D

I guess it's easier to play it safe and do what everyone else is doing. There are plenty of examples of people who went their own way and became successful though. Pink Floyd didn't sound like everyone else. Some people say Floyd and Tangerine Dream sounded alike, but I don't see it. Tangerine Dream's early stuff was mostly wandering synth drones. I bought a box set of that shit in 1987 and took it back to the store the next day to exchange for some Kate Bush albums. :laughings:

You posted this question on the wrong forum, im sorry that your question took forever to get answered on account of the multitude 40 year old elitists.
I have done a lot of auto-tuning and in order to get that awesome t-pain sharpness, you actually have to sing differently. Define your notes more and don't scoop up to them, you basically should sing semi-robotic. Doubling also helps.

I'm kind of impartial to this arguement. Because couldn't the same things be said for compression and some other effects being used to much?

I'm kind of impartial to this arguement. Because couldn't the same things be said for compression and some other effects being used to much?

A lot of us hate overuse of compression too. The "loudness wars" are every bit as obnoxious as AutoTune abuse, and a lot of people complain about it regularly too. The key word here is "abuse". No one is really complaining about using AutoTune appropriately.

Besides, compression isn't an "effect". Its proper use is to constrain levels to give a more balanced spectrum. Every record in the last 3 or 4 decades has compression on it. The difference is, you can't hear it when done well.

Back