Thank you HomeRecording BBS :)

jndietz

The Way It Moves
I just wanted to thank all of you guys who put a lot of time and effort into helping musicians and aspiring recording engineers alike to get better at recording. Whether it came down to tracking, mixing, mastering, and everything else in between, you have all played a major part in my band's career and my hobby of recording. NL5, RAMI, Massive Master, SouthSide Glen, that other guy with master in his name, and of course Harvey and anyone else I forgot... you guys all have provided great advice and have substantially helped me and other members get better recordings.

Hats off to you! :cool:

that other guy with master in his name
:). You're referring to Masteringhouse. Props to him*

jn, just try to remember us and look us up right about the time you're doing those $200M world album tours like the Stones or Hannah Monatana :D. And I don't just mean backstage passes ;)

G.

*Hey if we're going to hang for this, I'm bringing Tom to the gallows with us :D)

:).
jn, just try to remember us and look us up right about the time you're doing those $200M world album tours like the Stones or Hannah Monatana :D.;)

G.

*Hey if we're going to hang for this, I'm bringing Tom to the gallows with us :D)

The Stones and who?? In the same sentence? Whatsamattafuhyou?

I just wanted to thank all of you guys who put a lot of time and effort into helping musicians and aspiring recording engineers alike to get better at recording. Whether it came down to tracking, mixing, mastering, and everything else in between, you have all played a major part in my band's career and my hobby of recording. NL5, RAMI, Massive Master, SouthSide Glen, that other guy with master in his name, and of course Harvey and anyone else I forgot... you guys all have provided great advice and have substantially helped me and other members get better recordings.

Hats off to you! :cool:

Hey man, thanx for taking the time to acknowledge people. I have to say it's a bit weird to be mentioned with those guys. They all own and/or have worked in studios for a living. I'm just a hack recording his stuff at home. If I manage to ever get it right, it's thanx to the same guys you named, along with many others here.:cool:

Hey man, thanx for taking the time to acknowledge people. I have to say it's a bit weird to be mentioned with those guys. They all own and/or have worked in studios for a living. I'm just a hack recording his stuff at home. If I manage to ever get it right, it's thanx to the same guys you named, along with many others here.:cool:

You underestimate yourself! Besides, I'm just a hack with a WAY overblown hobby. :D

I just figured I'd use the bookends to represent the library; from those almost dead to those barely born ;).

G.

I think Keith is dead! He just refuses to fall down;).

BTW, Thanks from me also to a lot of these same people. I just finished my bands' album (CD) and, although I have not posted alot, many threads from this forum have been very helpful and informative.

Hey, you're all great. I haven't produced anything I'm proud enough of to thank you for yet, but I've learned a lot in the couple of years I've been on the board.

As for Keith Richards, I'm pretty sure he died in the '70s but his heart is still high and won't calm down.

You're song writing is really good so your input is always appreciated.

There are so many people in this forum I have taken advice from and it always worked out perfectly!

I have to say it's a bit weird to be mentioned with those guys. They all own and/or have worked in studios for a living. I'm just a hack recording his stuff at home.
The only requirements for being a quality audio engineer are two good ears, a disciplined mind, and an unbiased passion for the music of sound.

Many are those sitting in front of coal-burning Neve battleships in million-dollar barns right now who are lacking in one or more of those requirements. OTOH, everything I have seen or heard via this forum indicates that Rami and NL5 (and several other regulars here) are not. You tell me who the better engineers are.

G.

Or, as Keiith would say, "Welyuknow, Webenplayenlabboutfuckinferev, ummmmm, anmostdemfaderjoksainaldat, uummmm. Imeeen. Leshbefare, yanodimeen? hhhhhhhhaa hhhhaa hhhhh...*cough**cough*...*hhwaacht ptoo*.

Last edited:
not meaning to jack this guys thread.....but i would like to give the same thanks.......ive went to alot of boards and read alot of books (as i can afford them lol) and none of them have been as helpful as you guys on here.....

Lots of thanx from me too, guys! Your help and advice has always been invaluable....;)

Cheers
Joe

Man I forgot NY, chessrock, and DAISY.

SORRY GUYS!

you have all helped me with so much of my stuff too, whether you remember it or not :P

:). You're referring to Masteringhouse. Props to him*

jn, just try to remember us and look us up right about the time you're doing those $200M world album tours like the Stones or Hannah Monatana :D. And I don't just mean backstage passes ;)

G.

Thank you gentlemen!

I always like to recognize a class act.
The Aristocrats

Best,

The other guy with master in his name

Back