Reverb plugin

There isn't a "best". It depends on what you want.

However, beyond the standard ones in my DAW (which are pretty good) the one I fall back on most often is GLACEVERB by DASample. Even better, it's free. Despite having some paid for 'verbs, Glaceverb comes out of the box more often than anything else.

I tried Glaceverb a couple of times and was amazed by the spectum of HEAVY reverbs it had, but really didn't take the time to play with it much.
ReaVerb comes with Reaper, and you need to grab some impulse files for it (the Reaper manual points you to a good source), and am very happy with its abilities.

New to this? Just get Valhalla. It's very cheap and very nice. There's enough versatility there to cover most work and each control does a pop up' with function descriptions right there as quick guides.
(--I have 'Room Valhalla that I'm referring- Vintage' looks tempting as well, but maybe not quite as simple

I found myself using NI Classic reverbs lately.

Have to go and try Valhalla reverbs now...

I almost exclusively use SIR with my vast collection of impulses.

I have impulses of every major reverb unit ever made along with real spaces, unconventional spaces, and effects. I also have impulses of classic gear circuits being driven for colouration although I don't use them much.

Cheers :)

I've used several plugins and hardware (Still digital) Reverbs

The least offensive I found so far was the UAD EMT 140 plate. None of them I would say sound great though. I've found room mics and/or delay to be far more pleasing to hear over artificial reverbs almost every time

YMMV

I've used several plugins and hardware (Still digital) Reverbs

The least offensive I found so far was the UAD EMT 140 plate. None of them I would say sound great though. I've found room mics and/or delay to be far more pleasing to hear over artificial reverbs almost every time

YMMV

I was wondering myself about that and glad you made that statement. I have also been looking/experimenting with copying a track (or section) and nudge it as another track for a "reverbish" sound. You get pretty good control and so far, I have not seen a huge load on the computer just to play back a sound file (HD IO mostly).

But this is just me experimenting as the verbs I have heard to date just really don't seem to fit for me.

I'm a big fan of RVerb by Waves. I also like the UAD Emt 250. I also made a bunch of impulses of my Lexicon PCM 90 that I use when I don't feel like patching the damn thing in.

I almost exclusively use SIR with my vast collection of impulses.

I have impulses of every major reverb unit ever made along with real spaces, unconventional spaces, and effects. I also have impulses of classic gear circuits being driven for colouration although I don't use them much.

Cheers :)

Awesome... now I just have to work out how to get a track send happening direct to your studio... :D

Best (IMO) reverb plug-ins that I've found/use are the lexicon pcm series. Since using them there is no need to look elsewhere.
I absolutely love my PCM 90 hardware. I don't use it as much as I used to because there's a bug in Cubase where it doesn't remember the hardware routing from session to session which is a pain in my ass.

Alti-Verb is used a lot by composers I know because of its tweakability parameters. Some would argue it's an industry standard for post production, but I'm not a fanboy of theirs since they made their 64-bit version a total new ($600) purchase of an already $500 plugin instead of a free upgrade like every other plugin I own. But it's a great reverb and comes stock with some really great IRs.

I gotta bust out my PCM 60 as soon as a get an interface with more outputs.
Recently I have been using R-Verb quite a bit. It's a nice plugin.

Back