Humming noise with my recording. Why?

muhairwejas

Hi guys,
I am having a problem with my input. My recording seems to come in with some humming noise. I am frustrated coz when I use a head phone that has a microphone the recording is so clear, but when I attach a Keyboard to my sound Card the noise comes is there again.

I have tried this with various keyboards to the same effect. Even when attached through my Amp. Even CEP's Noise Reduction cant work!

I am therefore sending this SOS to you guys, otherwise my recording lessons might come to an end.

Cheers guys, for I know you'll break this.

Jas

Make sure your keyboards are plugged into the same outlet as your recorder. All attached gear should be plugged into the same outlet to avoid ground loops (loud hum).

some other ideas

If Tex's advice doesn't solve the problem (though it likely will!):

Does the amp hum? Do you get hum when using, say, an electric guitar or bass? If yes, then: Do you have dimmer switches for the lights in your room? Are you near any flourescent lights? (I've read that halogen lights are troublesome too.) These can cause annoying hums and buzzes while recording...

Hope this helps! :)

Tex,
Maybe if you're still around, you elaborate more on that (I am connecting the keyboard- Amp as well directly to the record in/Red port)- hope this is right.
I have noticed further that the problem seems to happen more with instruments that are powered (Electrical).

"
esactun said:
If Tex's advice doesn't solve the problem (though it likely will!):

Does the amp hum? Do you get hum when using, say, an electric guitar or bass? If yes, then: Do you have dimmer switches for the lights in your room?
"

The Amp hums as well. I have recorded with no lights at all and got the same results- have no dimmer switches.

The Headphone/Microphone I use is not powered and probably the reason. Powered instruments seem to introduce some humming/static.
Tried a different sound but alas, no results.
I am deperately hopeless, any little idea will get me there.
Ta

Jas

Yo to ONE who participates but does not precipitate:

Elves in Ireland -- yea, brotha.

Elves in Africa? Nay, nay, nay.

They have Voodoo Shama Spirits.

Are you reading this Voodoo Shama?

Green Hornet:D :p :p :p :p :p :cool: :cool:

Back