MBOX on Intel Mac

onmoris

I have an Intel Macbook and an old Mbox (pro tools 6.x). I don't want to use pro tools on my new macbook but i do want to use the mbox. Do I have to buy the pro tools 7 update to be able to get mbox core audio to work on the macbook?

no, i'd expect you just need the ASIO drivers for it...

they would have to be intel mac specific ASIO drivers. AFAIK, the orginal mbox is not even supported anymore so you may be out of luck

altitude909 said:
they would have to be intel mac specific ASIO drivers. AFAIK, the orginal mbox is not even supported anymore so you may be out of luck

good point...forgot about the whole old-mbox thing...

You can always trade it in for a new mbox via the digidesign site i think it was. And get the new one for a little cheaper

onmoris said:
I have an Intel Macbook and an old Mbox (pro tools 6.x). I don't want to use pro tools on my new macbook but i do want to use the mbox. Do I have to buy the pro tools 7 update to be able to get mbox core audio to work on the macbook?

Sadly, Digi doesn't ship their Intel drivers separately, so yeah, the only way appears to be to get PT 7.1.1 or 7.1.1LE. That said, it does appear that there are Intel drivers for the original Mbox according to:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=100&itemid=23078

So at least you aren't totally stuck. This is a perfect example of why I keep wishing more hardware were standards compliant so that you're not beholden to the hardware vendor to provide driver updates.... *sigh*

Back