value of vintage items?

nicarp

I have some vintage recording gear that I'm looking to sell, and I'm wondering what the value might be. I have a Tascam 22-4 deck. It's in great shape--it was bought brand new way back when by my employer, used for a few hours, then put away, covered and well-stored, till they gave it to me. I replaced the belts and it spins great. It has a 3-inch scratch on the face just above the function control buttons. I think it works perfectly fine, but I've only monkeyed around with it a little--I'm a bit mystified by it all. I also have a Teac Model 2A mixer (that I got in the same circumstances--very good condition) and a Teac MB-20 meter bridge that I got off E-Bay and put with the 2A in the wood unit thingamabob made to house them. I also have a Teac AX-20 Mix-Down Panel unit that works fine. Can anyone give me an honest assessment of what I should ask for for these items? Thanks very much!

Nic
Iowa City IA

Generally speaking, your best bet is to view ending items on eBay. That will give you the best indicator as far as 'market value'. To answer your question, however and... depending greatly on condition, manual, accessories and if the original box is included, a 22-4 can fetch around $200; the 2A with the MB20 around $150; the AX-20, I haven't seen too many around but, if I recall correct, they go for about $50 approx. Again, all depends on condition [and what's included] and may be less or more than I quoted but the above are realistic numbers, IMHO.

If selling locally, add to the above prices a bit, taking into account haggling from the buyer but if listing on eBay, just take good photos / description, start it at a buck and the market will decide. If shipping though, take special note of the shipping thread at the top of the forum.

---

Man, I'd love to get my hands on a minty 22-4. I have very little space for it though, and frankly, I would not be able to put it to use all that much.

Still lusting for it anyway.

What I've seen on Ebay supports what cjacek said. Nice 22-4's were around $200 plus shipping.

If you do sell it on Ebay, read the sticky here about how to pack it. If it's as nice as you say, it would be a shame to have it damaged in transit.

Resisting...urge...to...offer...you...cash...for...it...

Back