Transporting a R2R

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

As I mentioned in another thread, I bought a 38 that's sitting in TX waiting for me to retrieve it. I was wondering if there are any no-no's with regards to transporting R2Rs.

Like ... can it ride on its back, or does it need to sit upright? It will be just the deck (no reels or anything).

This will be about a 15 hour ride from Dallas to Winston-Salem in early June.

Thanks!

There are feet on the back...they are designed to sit up or lay flat. I think laying it down for the trip would be better...lower center of gravity.

I brought both my 48 and 58 decks home from a location about 4 1/2 hours away. Trasported them on their backs but I line the back of the wagon with dense foam camping pads. I recommend laying something down where it will sit to cushion it from shock vibrations...not absolutely necessary, but wouldn't hurt for sure. Even laying down a couple folded up comforters or something helps, and then of course stabilizing it so it can't shift in starts, stops and around corners y'know?

Hope that helps.

There are feet on the back...they are designed to sit up or lay flat. I think laying it down for the trip would be better...lower center of gravity.

I brought both my 48 and 58 decks home from a location about 4 1/2 hours away. Trasported them on their backs but I line the back of the wagon with dense foam camping pads. I recommend laying something down where it will sit to cushion it from shock vibrations...not absolutely necessary, but wouldn't hurt for sure. Even laying down a couple folded up comforters or something helps, and then of course stabilizing it so it can't shift in starts, stops and around corners y'know?

Hope that helps.

Great, that'll work. Thanks! :)

Back