There is almost NO information on . . .

nate_dennis

The tascam M-1508. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm pretty sure it's a four bus, but does it have direct outs? Any aux sends or inserts? Thanks a bunch guys.

So for running a small eight track operation it would suffice as far as sends/returns go? Does anyone know how they sound? I know they aren't as loved as the 312s etc, but I see them for good prices.

BTW thanks for the response.

So for running a small eight track operation it would suffice as far as sends/returns go? Does anyone know how they sound? I know they aren't as loved as the 312s etc, but I see them for good prices.

BTW thanks for the response.

It should do the trick, yes!

They're probably not as loved as the 300 series because they came after it and had a bit of an odd shape to them, narrow and deep but I'd assume they sound very similar.

Cheers! :)

Very nice little board. The only negative for it is it doesnt have phantom power.
It is real handy having all of your connections on top with this board . It makes it real easy for any patching that needs to be done. And it is small and light enough to take just about anywhere. Alot of monitoring choices and effects sends with it.

Because of the amp circuitry on the 1500 series as compared to the 300 series I would expect the 300 series to sound "better" (maybe more body and immediacy/presence of sound), but this is NOT to say that the 1500 series wouldn't sound good, and the 1500 is much more compact and light with enhanced conveniences (like the jack location as Herm mentioned).

I've always been intrigued by them for this reason. GREAT portable mixer for 4 and 8-track mixing. Full-featured. Typical Tascam design of value-engineering without cutting important construction, quality and feature facets.

If you have one available to you locally for a good price I figure you can't go wrong.

Back