TASPUNCH -- (Long shot)

thanks i got the diagram. I think the way to go is to log the serial port activity to capture the commands, it will be easier than disassembling the ROMs. It will require some hardware to do so, but not a big deal. I have an MTS-1000 mididizer, will see what i get with that. I know the midiizer does not recognize the model number. Do you have an ATS-500 ?

thanks i got the diagram. I think the way to go is to log the serial port activity to capture the commands, it will be easier than disassembling the ROMs. It will require some hardware to do so, but not a big deal. I have an MTS-1000 mididizer, will see what i get with that. I know the midiizer does not recognize the model number. Do you have an ATS-500 ?

I do, but no easy way to capture the serial I/O.

2012-11-08 17:14:32
Hello Felipe,
Thank you for contacting TASCAM.
Our customer support representative, NFaison, has written
the following response to your message:

Felipe,

That Accessory 2 port used custom coding which was only used by (now discontinued) TASCAM synchronizers (ex. MTS-1000, ES-50, etc). No documentation was ever published for public use.

Thank you for your interest in TASCAM products.

Looks like reverse engineering the MTS1000 is the only option... i'll start working on it

You may try to explain your purpose and suggest a non-disclosure agreement, and a nominal license. Are you planning on selling the software? The guy who wrote Taspunch must have had access to somthing at somepoint. His was technically a commercial product, (shareware.)

good point. thanks for suggesting that. Will respond with that . I am at a point now where i can start capturing the traffic between the Midiizer and the TSR8

Back