Tascam 42B manual

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

Anyone have a copy of this manual by chance? I purchased one from Reel Pro Sound Guys in January, and it looked in decent enough shape, so I figured everything was good. When I finally started looking intently through it last week, I noticed that about half the pages are missing.

It's too late now (I think) to file a report with ebay or paypal, and they won't answer my phone calls or emails. I've since heard bad things about this company, so I won't deal with them again.

Anyone? I've got some other Tascam manuals I could offer as a trade if needed: M-216 mixer, TSR-8, a few others.

Thanks

Sorry I almost missed this post! I have the manual for the 42B, what pages are missing? I still have the deck and don't want to get rid of the manual but I can try to scan it for you.

AK

Sorry I almost missed this post! I have the manual for the 42B, what pages are missing? I still have the deck and don't want to get rid of the manual but I can try to scan it for you.

AK

Hey there, thanks for the response. I actually finally heard back from Reel Pro Sound Guys yesterday, and they said they'd mail me a PDF file on disk. I don't know if they'll actually come through or not (and I emailed them and ask them to please make sure the PDF file actually does contain all the pages), but I figure I'll give them a chance.

I'm actually missing quite a bit. It's basically every other page from the beginning all the way to about half way through Chapter 7. It progresses 1-1, 1-3, 1-5, 1-7, etc. It's not only the even pages I'm missing though, because some chapters have an odd number of pages in them, so in the next chapter I'd be missing the odd pages. It's literally every other page for those first 7 1/2 chapters.

So, before asking you to do anything like that, I'll see if they come through.

Thanks so much for offering the help! I may be contacting you in a few weeks again if they flake out.

I had a similar experience getting a manual off of ebay for my 48.

Ended up going with Tascam directly, and have every time since.

Hope they come through for you. I imagine they will take care of you in the end. I've read good stuff about them.

Hopefully they will come through - I have read not so good things about them, and from their BBB record I won't be doing any business with them.
Just let me know famous_beagle - eventually i will be scanning the manual for safekeeping in any case, along with my Revox PR99 manual and schematics.

AK

Hopefully they will come through - I have read not so good things about them, and from their BBB record I won't be doing any business with them.
Just let me know famous_beagle - eventually i will be scanning the manual for safekeeping in any case, along with my Revox PR99 manual and schematics.

AK

Thanks again. Will do! :)

Back