Plastic reel hubs for TSR-8?

poopchute

I just bought 2 new capstan belts for my Tascam TSR-8 right from Tascam itself. Well tonight I was examining my tape path when I discovered that one of my plastic hubs was broken. So the reason Im asking here now is because its Saturday night and Tascam probably isn open. But do they sell the reel hubs as spare parts? Id prefer to get some nice never used ones right from Tascam. Besides they are cheaper than most ebay seller anyways. So Does Tascam still sell these parts?

When you say reel hub yer just talking about the adapter right?

Assuming yes, then yes Tascam does sell these and they are, hands down, the best place to get them so I'm glad you asked. I bought a set of the 1/2" adapters within the last year myself, and they were 50% less than new ones on eBay. No brainer. Call 'em on Monday and you'll have them ASAP.

Yep Sweetbeats, Im just talking about the plastic part you secure your reels of tape with. One of them was acting funny and in the process of trying to get it off I broke it even more. So I figure a nice new set would be great. Man youd figure if they have ALL the parts why arent they just making new machines out of them?

Yep Sweetbeats, Im just talking about the plastic part you secure your reels of tape with. One of them was acting funny and in the process of trying to get it off I broke it even more. So I figure a nice new set would be great. Man youd figure if they have ALL the parts why arent they just making new machines out of them?
My supplier is saying that they've discontinued the erase head and capstan motor among many other things. I'm not sure about the hubs, though if they have it should be easy enough for a third party to step in and make more.

I have a feeling that it will be difficult to get new parts very soon for these machines, I contacted TEAC for a bunch of parts and none were available. I'm assuming Hubs are still available, but I have heard that they may not be for very long, you may want to stock up while you can!

Well they did have them in stock. They were something like 15.50 a piece. So I got 2. I cant wait for them to come...:D

And Apparently they have brand new Rec/Play heads for a TSR-8. Only 313.00 plus shipping. I was gonna pay 275. To have JRF relapp and align but instead Ill have a Brand new head and alignment for about 385.00. Luckily the TSR-8 only needs 1 rec/play head...
Does that sound like a good deal?

Back