Photo and Video Library (Tascam 234, 48, 58, BR-20, M-312, M-520, M-___; Ampex 440)

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
This really, really stinks.

Maybe one of the best elements to my contribution here on this forum has been the photos and videos I've put up. I've really enjoyed doing that.

Well, they're all stored on an ftp server associated with my web domain hosting service. They are transitioning and, as it was a year or so ago the last time they did this it is a mess...a total mess. PLUS the new company is TOTALLY welching on promises made to me by the former company regarding rates; promises made after the mess they left me in last time. Email has been troublesome all along but has been getting worse the last week or two...like the darkening of the sky before a tornado...now the last couple days anything related to my domain is inaccessible from the web...I found a back door so I could at least salvage my email but its the best I can do since tech support is strangely unobtanium either via phone, email or webchat. :rolleyes:

I'm done.

Problem is that makes all the links and pics I have put up turn into little red X's or take you to a "404 page not found error". :mad::(

I don't think there is any way I'm going to be able to migrate the links, and there is no way for me to go in and change them in my posts.

Not sure what I'm going to do short or long term about this but it may end up that I find someplace to put it all and then can just link in bulk to the parent directories here so there is a place people can go to see lots of pics and vids of the gear listed in the title.

So...there you have it.

That's a bummer!!! Check with the mods to see if there's a way to edit old posts, as in a way that's not normally available to the general populace.

:cool:

Exactly how do I check with the moderators?

By the way, how are ya?? Nice to hear from you and thanks for the help! ;)

Exactly how do I check with the moderators?

You could try posting a question the the BBS feedback forum or maybe try PM'ing mshilarious, true-eurt or one of the other mods

By the way, how are ya?? Nice to hear from you and thanks for the help! ;)

Tolerably well for an older fart thanks mate...............and you? Unfortunately, I've been too busy(ish) with real life priorities to think much about recording although a side project at work has me working towards prototyping drum shells...........but different to what I had been working on previously ;)

ChrisO :cool:

Sounds like another painful reminder of the meaning of the word virtual.
:mad::eek::mad:

.... something, that seems to be gone, actually have never been there in the first place.

Also, there are no "little red Xs" there either, it's just an illusion :)

/this stuff stinks ..grrrrrrrrrrr

that's a bummer. I enjoyed all of the pics and videos a lot. Hopefully it can be resolved. Good luck!

It's times like these that I hate computers and the internet. :mad:

Cory, yeah, do indeed email one of the moderators, state your case and ask them for mod privileges, at least temporarily, to edit your posts.

For the photos, I personally would recommend that you just attach them to the posts directly, without going to an outside provider. I know it may not be as high a quality but at least they'll be here for the life of this site.

I really feel bad 'cause that's a lot of work that Cory has put in.

Sorry to hear that, Cory.

Yeah, you've shared some great pics. I've gone through similar troubles, as my ISP, which was original AT&T was bought out by Insight, and then Insight bought out by Comcast. Each time I've had to setup new emails and lost pics and other info I had linked to.

I had built a pretty nice personal info site on AT&T, and never did get around to setting it all up again. :(

With the economy the way it is now, it's hard to know what you can depend on. I also think of all the info we lost, mine and countless others when Tascam dropped their user forums on the company site in 2003. It's all gone!!! :mad:

I'm working on setting up directories on a reliable private http: server that has been running for years and years...its in my extended family so things will get straightened out eventually and it won't be dependent on ISP's or domain hosts.

Domain issues coming along...got the domain relocated and parked with godaddy...reliable hosting service at hand and data uploads to SFTP and http directories in process...then will come the task of pointing the domain to the host...THEN I'll tackle updating things on select threads.

Huge kudos to moderator Chili. He's assisting me with this. I initially contacted True-eurt who helped me get in touch with Chili so kudos to both.

The easiest best way to do this for both Chili and I is that I will put together a reply to each thread that I'm updating that lists all the pics and videos or other links by post number in that one reply. Chili will then put a billboard-esque post at the top of the thread being updated with a link to the reply with all the updated links. Not the same as updating each link, but hey who has time for THAT? :eek:

Let me know if you need help with anything. I've got a small web server at the house that I've been running since 2001. It's not a high availability server since it's just on residential broadband bandwidth, but for manuals, photos, and such it could work as a backup or mirror to what you are working with. Just a thought.;)

Phhhhewwww!!!!

Okay.

THAT'S done.

Got links redirected for most of my threads and thanks to Chili's advisement and help I was able to restore the links within the thread instead of having to post redirects in a separate thread.

Back