Nice Tascam 38/mixer on Ebay.

Cool, I seen this listing earlier in the day. The shipping is cheap at 100.00 I sold a Otari MX5050B11 and rolling cart and to ship that ran me a nice 206.00. I double boxed it and sent the cart in a separate box.

Low shipping costs are but one indication of the low priority packing that this thing will receive, which is not good. dodgeaspen's costs, on the other hand, are just about right and the packing job was pretty substantial too, I'm sure. :)

I don't know what part is more sad: the fact that this unit will end up as a spare parts unit as a result of poor packing, or that these machines (and similar ones as well) are just tossed in the dumpster (listing said this particular one was from a school storage) because nobody knows what they are or that there is a small market for them...:(

I decided to send the seller a message and even gave the link to the packing thread here. Whether or not they heed my warning or take the advice from the thread will be a mystery.

I'll be in Boca Raton in July, my son will be traveling to New Orleans from Boca, so he might grab it on the way home...

analog

I recorded half of the tracks for an album using that exact setup. Later, after about a year of delays and finishing the rest of the songs digitally, the ones that were brought over from the tape sounded way better, smoother, and more "final" if that makes any sense.

Sounds like BS, but its absolutely true.

Back