Need new turntable cartridge: Opinions?

Vibration isn't just about sonics. Picture a cheap stylus that's already generating too much friction banging and crashing around your record's grooves like an out of control bobsled...and plastic 'tuables vibrate like crazy and generally utilize cheap lousy styli. I would recommend that people keep their vinyl collections off something like this if possible. This doesn't have to mean an expensive high-end 'table, but it does mean a smart spend of available funds and a little know-how.

I know what you're talking about. It doesn't make that much difference with a middle-of-the-road amp and speakers though.

sure it does ...... I have a cheapish Technics with that plastic shell for my haul around 'table. If I try to use it in the house I have to tip toe to keep it from skipping and if I try to have any bass to amount to anything it feedsback. That's an issue regardless of the level of playback you're looking for.

Plus, as briank mentions ..... you're also talking about damaging records and styli.

We're NOT talking about spending more ...... we're talking about making a good choice when you buy.
I mean ..... if you can get something better for the same money why wouldn't you?

I was given a working KLH all in one unit that has AM/FM, AUX in ..... sounds great. Guess in it's time it was the in thing to have in a college dorm.

Back