388 on ebay, huh?

388woes said:
Think this guy has gone a little coocoo. Heck, I bought my last 388 five years ago for only $250 bucks, the one before that for $425 and that was in 98!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41480&item=7309685623&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What you're describing is Analog on the rise. Yes, it's going up!

Nope, he ain't mad. That's what certain condition 388's are now selling for and more! I've seen one, also from Quebec, go for around $1000 USD not too long ago. However, do you see that flat spot on the right head ? That's bad news. :(

~Daniel

I dont think that flat spot is anything to worry about. You cant really tell from a pic of what kind of shape the head is really in. The 388 head has a wierd coloring there that makes it look flat.

cjacek said:
What you're describing is Analog on the rise. Yes, it's going up!

Nope, he ain't mad. That's what certain condition 388's are now selling for and more! I've seen one, also from Quebec, go for around $1000 USD not too long ago. However, do you see that flat spot on the right head ? That's bad news. :(

~Daniel

This would be nice if true, but I don't really think it is. The last two 388's that sold on ebay that I tracked went for $240.00 and just over $300.00 (like new, was the claim) and one ended with no bids at a starting bid of $400.00.

388woes said:
This would be nice if true, but I don't really think it is. The last two 388's that sold on ebay that I tracked went for $240.00 and just over $300.00 (like new, was the claim) and one ended with no bids at a starting bid of $400.00.

It all depends on the seller, type of auction, description, day, condition of item etc ... GENERALLY speaking though, 388's go for more than they did only a few years ago. I'm not basing this on a few auctions but on consistently watching eBay for a couple of years now.

~Daniel

Back