Waves IR-1 on sale today for $99

pikingrin

what is this?
Just thought I'd pass it along just in case anyone was looking for a good deal on a decent convolution reverb. :thumbs up:

Just thought I'd pass it along just in case anyone was looking for a good deal on a decent convolution reverb. :thumbs up:

Just out of curiosity....and I'm asking this sincerely, not sarcastically, because I don't know.....considering a convolution reverb doesn't create sounds, it only plays the impulses you put into it, why would someone pay for one when you can have something like this for free?: SIR1 | SIR Audio Tools

There's also the free Reaverb that comes with REAPER, for example. Can one IR be "better" than another? I can't see why anyone would spend $100 on one when there are several for free.

I'm not saying it justifies the cost, but Waves IR-L has a small selection of impulses included.

Edit: Apparently there's 4.8gb worth of impulses that I never knew about. :eek:

Just out of curiosity....and I'm asking this sincerely, not sarcastically, because I don't know.....considering a convolution reverb doesn't create sounds, it only plays the impulses you put into it, why would someone pay for one when you can have something like this for free?: SIR1 | SIR Audio Tools

There's also the free Reaverb that comes with REAPER, for example. Can one IR be "better" than another? I can't see why anyone would spend $100 on one when there are several for free.

Does SIR 1 still have the bad latency thing going on with it? I purchased SIR 2 and can tell you the reason it's better than the free one is the proprietary reverb files and it allowed more shaping (doesn't just do L and R, it sums 4 sources to stereo or something like that I can't remember).

The other reason IR1 (not IR-L) would be better than SIR 1 is the fact that the plugin includes a deconvolver for creating your own reverb impulses.

Back