Some Kontakt bargains

If you have Infinite Player for Kontakt, www.eSoundz.com has its Kapsules (and SampleTank2 expansions) on sale today (5-5) for just $5 each. Stupidly good deals!

Paj
8^)

No sense in duplicating a comprehensive weekly roundup so, again, don't forget to check out: On Sale Now, Deals for the week of May 21, 2017 - Sample Library Review

NB: the Wave Alchemy Complete Drums bundles at VSTbuzz (~$100): 12 libraries, 10 with nik files and two (2 Keyboards Worth of Kicks & Paperskins Snare Toolkit) appear to be samples only (no nki files). Also: This is not every percussion package in the Wave Alchemy catalog---they also have some ethinic percussion libraries available, and also free sample libraries on their website.

Kontakt Hub has Hideaway Studios Bundles on sale. I've found these to be good-sounding instruments and many have interfaces with a common approach: adjustable layering of 1-4 voices to form a patch. The info for each instrument is always informative and historical.
Hideaway Studio - Kontakt Hub

HomeGrown Sounds has an update for Motion and new info for the Motion Group Buy and, as usual, HGS continues to provide surprises and added after-purchase value. It was also announced that the next level of the group buy would provide Multiverse and Kosmology instruments/patches that would only be available to members of the group buy.
Motion for Kontakt 5.6 Group Buy | Homegrown Sounds

5-23: Aria Sounds just placed their Kontakt libraries on sale for 50%-60% off:
Professional Sample Libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt 4 & 5 - Breathing Life into Virtual Instruments

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
They're selling stuff for Infinite Player but 'Infinite Player is not available for purchase at this time.' ?

It is my firm, hopefully not unrealistic belief, that Kontakt will go on sale next month or the month after that. At least before summer is over. Probably as part of Komplete as that seems to be the focus these days.

They're selling stuff for Infinite Player but 'Infinite Player is not available for purchase at this time.' ?

eSoundz.com does this for their registered purchasers of InfinitePlayer; you either have to already own it or hit them on a sale where they are selling both the player and the "Kapsule" add-ons. However, their Kapsule-only sales can be real bargains---on 5-5 they were selling the Kapsules for $5 each and their Konplete Kapsule bundles sales can even be more of a bargain.

5-23: Also wanted to mention: Aria Sounds just placed their Kontakt libraries on sale for 50%-60% off:
Professional Sample Libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt 4 & 5 - Breathing Life into Virtual Instruments

Paj
8^)

Thanks Paj, for pointing it out. You just made them a sale sooner or later from me. I like those Aria sounds a lot. I find myself very interested in plucked and alternative piano sounds, and their other material like the flutes is quite fine too.

Thanks Paj, for pointing it out. You just made them a sale sooner or later from me. I like those Aria sounds a lot. I find myself very interested in plucked and alternative piano sounds, and their other material like the flutes is quite fine too.

+1
I have all of their strings but I think I'm going to pick up the ethnic flutes bundle and the orchestral percussion (Catalyst)---and that crazy piano (Hybichord) while they're on sale. BTW, their old-school straight-up PipeOrgan is killer, quick and fun.

As it turns out, eSoundz is having one of their $5 sales right now (but not InfinitePlayer itself). Note that a lot of their libraries are sold in corresponding versions for Reason, SampleTank, Stylus RMX, and REX-Apple-Wav.

I should also mention that Sonokinetic is having a 5-Day flash sale (three days left, 33% off)) on their Maximo orchestra variation.

Paj
8^)

Yes that organ is the first thing I bought there, even before you mentioned it! Great sound!

Holding myself back from splurging on the rest so far. Picked up a convolution reverb plugin, first bought reverb, so with that and the organ I can have a bit of fun. Have to hunt down those impulse responses. . .

Yes that organ is the first thing I bought there, even before you mentioned it! Great sound!

Holding myself back from splurging on the rest so far. Picked up a convolution reverb plugin, first bought reverb, so with that and the organ I can have a bit of fun. Have to hunt down those impulse responses. . .

IRs are not a forte of mine---maybe someone else will chime in. Yeah, that organ also works well in the mix to fatten up missing orchestra sections, or for crazy Virgil Fox moments.

No sense in duplicating a comprehensive, weekly review so, again, don't forget to check out (there are even some good Kontakt freebies this week):
On Sale Now, Deals for the week of May 28, 2017 - Sample Library Review

NI has a 5.6.8 Kontakt update available. If you have issues with Native Access, you may want to read through all of the documentation linked with your update notice. It doesn't appear that the update is available through Service Center.

If you own MAD Drums, their is a special $50 upgrade to MAD RocknFunk available through 6-12 from HandHeldSound. It appears to be a 20GB library. Contact them if you haven't received your notice.
HandHeldSound | MAD Drum Kit Series

Kontakt Hub has ZTechno Synth reduced by 80% (now ~$11); it's a steal at this price. Not for oscillator tweakers but loaded with powerful sounds and kits that belie the demo video. More than what meets the eye.
Big Techno Synth - Kontakt Hub
Also, CellDweller's Transport from Refractor Audio is on sale, reduced 50% (~$80). This is a wild ride.
Transport - Kontakt Hub

Until 8:00 PST, 5-31, Zero-G has Shadowlands on sale for $44. This is a massive cinematic Kontakt (and other samplers) library (19GB Continuata download, but Kontakt users will probably delete GBs of either WAV or AIFF samples, depending on their OS). Use coupon code FACEBOOK to get the 45% discount. Other libraries are available.
Facebook Banner

– Zero-G Digital Audio Samples and Soundware

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
I found a great library of impulse responses that has me well settled.

Now just to wait and see what goes on sale the next few days. If Kontakt I'll finally be able to use the many Kontakt plugins I've picked up longer than 15 minutes at a time. . . that'll be a relief.

It is my firm, hopefully not unrealistic belief, that Kontakt will go on sale next month or the month after that. At least before summer is over. Probably as part of Komplete as that seems to be the focus these days.

I was right!!!

$125 dollars later and I am a happy Kontakt owner. :)

Well almost. Taking forever to download. Servers must be overwhelmed by the sale. :)

$125 dollars later and I am a happy Kontakt owner. :)

Well almost. Taking forever to download. Servers must be overwhelmed by the sale. :)

$125? Nice deal! Some others might be interested so, care to share some details on how you did it?

Paj
8^?

Haha, I have a feeling you might know already Paj.

If you want Kontakt for $125 instead of for $400 just get the Crossgrade. Don't have a library that qualifies for the Crossgrade?

Yes you DO. The DrumMic'a library qualifies for it. It's free. Sennheiser released it for free. It's all yours. Download a free library, and you can have Kontakt for $125 instead of $400.

And of course.. now if you want Komplete you can upgrade from Kontakt for $200 instead of paying full price, or even to Ultimate for $500.

You do have to navigate a little German to download DrumMic'a though, to fill out the download form. Not too hard I think..

inkline:

Nice hit! It's not often that the free libraries work with just the free Kontakt Player. I didn't see any mention of a crossgrade offer on the Sennheiser site. How did you manage to track the crossgrade offer down?

If anyone else is interested in this: Start your registration here (If you don't sprekken, it might be handy to have Google Translate opened in another tab):
Sennheiser - DrumMic'a! - Drummica Download - Drum mic, Percussion mic, Schlagzeug Mikrofon

Everything is under the same URL as above, so you will have to use the DrumMic'a dropdown in the frame banner menu for the info/homepage (where you will be introduced to "Sound-Schnipsel", the delightful German term for audio sample) . . .

. . . for the download/specs page . . . and for the FAQ page.

Again, Inkline---thanks.

In tracking down the DrumMic'a offer, I re-acquainted myself with the Bedroom Producer Blog and reminded myself that there is another place that will keep you up-to-date with a lot of bargain and free offers:
Bedroom Producers Blog - Freeware For Musicians!

It looks like Audiofier is getting ready to release a second installment in the Vesper series, based on "strung" sound sources:
Audiofier.com - ABSTRUNG

VSTbuzz's latest deal is 60% off “Cornucopia: Strings 2” by Strezov Sampling (~$75). I need more strings like I need another hole in my body but I'll get these because I'm willing to bet that, with Strezov and strings, it will yield some ensemble combination that will have magic.
60% off "Cornucopia: Strings 2" by Strezov Sampling

Also, KontaktHub is having a good sale on (1) ComposersTools' ABC Bundle, which includes the consistently-interfaced ThingThong, VOCE, and Undervibe, and (2) SzcZ instruments/libraries, including Rekombinator, which is a wonderfully tweakable and ridiculously inexpensive granular synthesis tool which also allows you to use your own samples as sound-generating sources. I'll admit to getting lost for hours at a time (in a good way) with the instruments from both software houses.

And the big news, of course, is that NI is having their 50% upgrade, update, and crossgrade sale during June. The good news for me is that this is when I go from Ultimate10 to Ultimate11 and get 13 new libraries/instruments for $200; the bad news (besides download time) is that, if 11 hangs on as long as 10 did, it's going to be a while before the next update bundle is offered. The real news is that I could spend years working my way through all the stuff that's in Ultimate10. It's a great time to be alive.

Paj
8^)

In my budget consciousness right now I'm trying to make it my practice to only buy VSTs that fit with my other VSTs sound-wise without much work, and I can see using generally, rather than in a niche purpose. I like those Cornucopia Strings, I feel I could do some stuff with them, but their "vintage" sound is definitely a niche I'd have to work to figure out how to match my other instruments to, because none of them have that sound. Probably the easiest way rather than struggling with plugins to match it would just be buy more Strezov but for me I'd rather buy more Spitfire. :)

If you go deep into Native Instruments website where they list all the libraries that are crossgrade compatible for Kontakt, there is DrumMic'A with a "FREE" label right over it.

I'm busy with the garden, family, friends, gigs, and some time to play with the Kontakt stuff I have been accumulating.

Of course, the big news is to upade, upgrade, or crossgrade your NI stuff before the June Sale expires, which is rapidly approaching.

Don't forget to check out VSTbuzz, AudioPlugin.deals, BedroomProducersBlog, SampleLibraryReview.com, SampleCast, KVR, PluginBoutique, AudioDeluxe, SampleRadar, Reverb SYNC, etc, yadda-yadda-yadda. SoundScore's The Orchestra is getting good reviews, and Audiofier updated Vesper and Abstrung.

HomegrownSounds has restructured its Motion Group Buy to three levels, ending August 1st. It looks like the bonuses will be additional instruments (Cassetto, Kosmology, Multiverse, and Airwaves) sharing the Motion waveforms with their own presets. Level 2 is just five purchases away, and it will provide otherwise unavailable Kosmology/Multiverse capabilities to the Motion library; Level 3 will incorporate the Airwaves instrument. Not as outrageous a bargain as the Casetto Group Buy but still an outstanding deal, as to be expected from HGS.
Motion for Kontakt 5.6 Group Buy | Homegrown Sounds

At KontaktHub, RigidAudio is 60% off, SoundIron (up to 55% off), BigWerks and AriaSounds are 50% off (with even nicer string and instrument bundles), Hephaestus is 40% off, AudioThing 30% (more for the All-Kontakt Bundle), RhythmicRobot 20%, and on and on. Lots of deals but, besides the Aria and AudioThing bundles, three bundle deals stood out:
Composers Tools ABC Bundle:
ABC Bundle | Kontakt Instruments | Kontakt Hub
California Keys Producers Collection (90% off individual prices total):
California Keys Producers Collection
ChannelRobot Slice Bundle (60% off):
Slice Bundle - Kontakt Hub
The bundle prices for the Calfornia Keys collection is so low I thought it was a misprint. The ComposersTools ABC bundle price is so low that, even if you already have one of the three packages, the price would still be a bargain for the other two. The ChannelRobot Slice Bundle presents six of the (at least) twelve Slice Machine libraries that I'm aware of, and ChannelRobot has a celebratory one (Slice-IDM) available as a free download, so you can check out if this type of instrument is for you:
FREE STUFF – channelrobot.com

HandheldSound is having a 50% flash sale on FlyingHand Percussion. Use coupon code FHP5072HRS.
http://www.handheldsound.com/instruments/fhp/#*

Umlaut Audio is having a 50% sale, generally available at most vendors, but one package that I haven't seen availabe except at MusiciansFriend and GuitarCenter is Jungle Loops ($29):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/umlaut-audio-jungle-loops?rNtt=Umlaut&index=5

Enjoy your summer, you upper-latitudinals.

Paj
8^)

Back