Lots and lots of drum software audio examples.

Guitargodgt

Superior Drummer 2.0 and it's SDX libraries (if it's in this post it's superior related)

Loren Littlejohn's (guitargodgt) hybrid TMF (overheads)/Avatar (snare)/Music City (kick and toms) preset kit:

Liquorworks presets:

Ola Englund's preset (avatar kit):

Andy Sneap The Metal Foundry SDX preset examples:

Michael Keene The Metal Foundry SDX preset examples:

Steven Slate Superior 2.0 presets (Avatar Kit):

Bulb's Superior Avatar kit presets:

Ulrich Wild Metal Foundry Presets

Children of Ancient Goth.mp3
Granite Quarry Nexus.mp3
Alpine Bliss.mp3
Mortem Horologium.mp3
Wasser Wut.mp3

Superior Drummer 2.0 Avatar Kit:

The Metal Foundry SDX (superior drummer expansion):

NY Vol 2 SDX (superior drummer expansion):

Music City SDX (superior drummer add on):

Joe Barresi Evil Drums SDX (superior drummer add on):

**None of these examples have any processing from the daw or superior on them

---------- Update ----------

XLN Audio Addictive Drums

Metal AD Pack:

Native Instruments Studio Drummer

Garage Kit full.mp3
Session Kit full.mp3
Stadium Kit full.mp3

Native Instruments Abbey Roads 60s drums

Early Kit.mp3
Late Kit.mp3

BFD Eco

Various other drum examples:

EZ drummer and EZX libraries (everything in this post is EZ drummer stuff)

Funkmaster Jab'O EZX dry.mp3
Funkmaster Jab'O EZX with room on.mp3
Funkmaster Jab'O EZX with room and plate on.mp3

Thank you Wolfeman for the Metalheads EZX examples:

Thank you Burny for the Metal Machine EZX examples!

Rock Solid Default EZX.mp3
Rock Solid Ayotte alt Kit EZX.mp3
Rock Solid Gretsch kit EZX.mp3
Rock Solid Dunnett Ludwig EZX.mp3

Nolly's presets for Metal Machine (you have to run metal machine inside superior drummer, but it's going here since it's an EZX library)

Hybrid kit preset.mp3
Big Small kit preset.mp3
Jam Room preset.mp3
Natural Power preset.mp3
Tight & Punchy preset.mp3

There is more and it's not letting me add it. Maybe this little post will make it possible.

Steven Slate Platinum 3.5 (this is the entire preset list for Slate's Platinum Collection of samples)

Marty's Hybrid kit.mp3

I have K9U so I have more native instruments examples to do, but this is a good start. :)

And to answer the inevitable question: Yes I do indeed own most of this software (others were credited for the contribution if I didn't).

What the fucking fuck!?!?!?!?!

That's a whole lot of links! Cool post though. I despise fake drums, but kudos to you for your time and dedication. Someone will find this helpful.

To be honest I have been moving away from using them myself.

I actually posted this sucker a few years ago as I thought it would help people make their decision.

To be honest I have been moving away from using them myself.

I actually posted this sucker a few years ago as I thought it would help people make their decision.

I still have some of the reverb impulse files you made a while back. I use them every now and then. Got any more?

Sadly no.

I honestly wish they were not such a PIA to make. I need a better setup to make them.

I hauled so much crap to make those things, you have to have the sine sweep fairly loud especially in larger rooms.

I know you can make them by using a simple wood clapper/popping a balloon/cap gun but I think the sine sweep does a better job.

I may try to do some throughout my house as that would be easy to do. I have vaulted cielings in my living room and the floor plan is open so that could be neat sounding (or terrible who knows).

But I need the house to myself when I go about doing that. :)

Well yeah let me clarify.

Many of the presets you see are sold by toontrack (for superior) so I did indeed do examples of them, with the exception of the one I did, ola englund and liquirworks. I only included them because I thought they sounded pretty good.

BUT there are kits above that are untouched such as the avatar kits and all the SDX expansions. EZ drummer didn't have presets at the time I posted this, which reminds me I need to add ez drummer 2's default kits.

All of the XLN audio samples are the raw kits.

All of the native instruments kits are raw as well.

Hopefully that helps.

Steven slate drums are not presets, those are the names of the kits as they load, the raw samples actually sound like that. You could mix and match though, say take the metallica (black) kick and combine it with the Pantera snare etc... but at that point you are talking endless examples just to show the point.

Anyhow if anyone wants my input my favorites are the fallowing:

1. Superior's default avatar kit (comes with superior drummer 2)
2. Music City SDX (an add on kit for superior)
3. Metal Machine EZX (it's an add on for ez drummer)
4. Nasheville EZX (it's an add on for ez drummer)
5. The default EZ drummer 2 modern library... they improved it a lot from the first one, which was horrible.
6. The Metal Foundry SDX (superior add on) for the overheads, the raw drums sound a solid meh.

Wow!! I have to copy this thread somewhere and make it a stickie. Good job for doing this. Thanks so much!!

Love the toms on the Gretsch kit.

Wow!! I have to copy this thread somewhere and make it a stickie. Good job for doing this. Thanks so much!!

Love the toms on the Gretsch kit.

Done. Copied over to VST forum.

Thanks again for putting this up. Great work.

Back