Are people still reading the "How does diaphragm size/polar pattern relate" thread?

Has the "big" mic thread run its course?

• What big thread? (I didn't know it existed)

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • It's getting a little old. (I know all this stuff.)

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • I just found out about it. Pretty cool.

Votes: 43 19.4%
  • I'm a faithful follower to the bitter end.

Votes: 148 66.7%

• Total voters
not averse to the generic "best LDC-under 2 dollars" kind of posts when i first arrived here i know think that in order to start a thread in the microphone forum you should have to take a test on the contents of the BIG THREAD and achieve a passing score..
somewhere around 10% .. ;)
because that's where i'm at...
looking forward to the holy grail of one document for the thread though....

I know about the thread, but 900+ replies on a very busy and slow forum is too much, it would take weeks for me to finish it.

But, I'll check near the end now for that consolidated version. :)

Harvey, I know you asked the question a long time ago, but I think that thread will never outlive its purpose. I have not come close to memorizing it all, even though I have printed big chunks of it out for quick reference. I say keep it around if you are still wondering all these years later.

bilco

Yes, considering I put up this question almost exactly 7 years ago. Hopefully, people will still enjoy reading it and getting something out of it for many years to come.

I frequent this topic more than I can remember. I have also referred MANY people here. I like to think of this topic as "a vault of valuable information"

I edited it and sold it to a publisher...its called "Darrin's Microphone Primer"...and you all can read it if you have $29...but my publisher might insist that you take down that thread...copywrite stuff...you understand.

:p

Back