Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Male Vocal - MXL V67G??

Thanks

Male Vocal - MXL V67G??

Sign in to disable this ad
    Marshall MXL V67G
    I'm about to order a mic for male vocals. For you country fans the voice is very close to Kenny Chesney. Everything I've read seems to say this mic will work well for this application. I'll also be buying the MXL-57 shock mount. Any comments or suggestions on this mic application? Everyone seems to be selling the mic for $99 and the shock mount for $29.

I can go about twice this price if there's another mic that will give better performance for this application. Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
    DD

Thanks
    Even with the best of mics, sometimes a particular voice just isn't suited for a particular mic - so of course it's an impossible question to answer, "will I sound good on this mic?"

But, odds are, yes, you'll probably love the sound of this mic. I paid $200 for mine when they first came out, and they're half that now - but I don't regret it! Fine, fine mic. For $99, I don't think anything else on the market can touch it.

Thanks
    A nice contrast to the Marshall would be the Studio Projects B1.
    www.studioprojectsusa.com

Not neccesarily "better" for a specific singer, it would simply expand your options. I keep at least five or more vocal mikes to use on my voice alone to use for different material/certain "keys", etc., and some more for other singers.

Chris

Thanks

Smile

SamAsh has the v67B for $79.....

you wont find a BETTER mic under $200...you may find some different and better suited for a particular vocal......

i have one here if ya wanna come pick it up to try it......

Thanks
    Hey Chess - Actually the choice was between the V67G and the SP B1. I wanted a little bit of "color" from the mic and I think I'll get that "little bit more" from the V67G. The B1 is next on the list so I'll be buying it in the very near future. There's just been too much positive said about the B1 not to buy it. My only vocal mic right now (other than SM58) is a CAD E100 which I really like. It's just not what I want on the male vocal. Sounds great on female vocal and my mic of choice at the moment on acoustic guitar.

DD

Thanks
    Gidge - yeah I saw the V67B. The G model with the green and gold just really give me a ..... uh, let's not go into that.

DD

Thanks
    V67 and B-1 is a good combo. Depending on the voice and the material, one or the other should work.-Richie

Thanks
    I'll agree here too with that combo. But you also said you could go twice the $129 budget. Then you have all sorts of choices. Mine would be an AT4033. I've used that with all kinds of singers, male and female, with great success. These mics are no longer made but there are plenty around for sale used. With the mount and shipping I paid $240 for mine. These mics also have a lot of other applacations they work good for. Or even at $159 how about the SP B3. Lots of choices!!!

Thanks
    I have the B-1 and the V-67G, and for the money I couldn't be happier. The 67, for instance, better suits my rather thin voice, while the B-1 was better for my friend and lead singer's BIG voice, which doesn't need that "something extra."

Fab

Thanks
    Here's some mp3s all done w/v67b into Art tube mp into Roland 880 ex.
    www.jeromeedmonson.com

Thread Information