Fender new amps - Bassbreaker series

Ahh shit you guys... I thought gear lust was a thing of the past for me.

---------- Update ----------

Hey mjb - get one and I'll come down and visit.

It won't show me any amps on that link because the biggest guitar retailer IN THE WORLD doesn't ship them to the UK. :D How parochial. :)

Ahh shit you guys... I thought gear lust was a thing of the past for me.

---------- Update ----------

Hey mjb - get one and I'll come down and visit.

I've been jonesing for a new Fender amp since I got rid of the Bandmaster set up. I've got no live use for an amp anymore, so don't need 45 watts. Curious on what the 7 and 15 will sound like, though.

Bubba - screen shot below.

bassbreaker.jpg

I wonder if they are circuit board amps. Its been my experiance that tubes and transformers don't coexist very well together in fender amps...at least not in their Hot Rod series.

They are probably circuit board amps. Fender would list point to point wiring as a feature if they weren't circuit board amps. I would want to know more about the design before considering one. Things like where the circuit boards are located ...are they close to the heat producing elements like the tubes and transformers? Also, how are the boards insulated from the heat that cracks the resistors and the plastic boards?
I got burnt on a fender tube amp with boards....because of their name and reputation. I trusted them to offer a great tube amp. Now Ive lost my confidence in them, because now I know they with put their name on a piece of shit that's riddled with design flaws without blinking an eye.

Yeah, let someone else be the beta tester.

These are pretty cheap, as in inexpensive. Corners have to be cut to sell at that price point.
They may be fine, but a bitch to work on should they need repairs. Time will tell.

Give it 6 months to a year and if in fact they are good amps, the modder crowd will come out with mods to make it better.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but these things actually sound pretty good. I play em all the time at shops when trying out guitars when no big ol Marshalls are handy. I like em. Good bang-for-the-buck amp.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but these things actually sound pretty good. I play em all the time at shops when trying out guitars when no big ol Marshalls are handy. I like em. Good bang-for-the-buck amp.

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but do these little amps do "that" Fender clean to mild-breakup??? I know it's a Fender amp, but these days, that means absolutely nothing. I've got the crunch to high-gain covered with the 15w EVH amp, but have been thinking about another small amp like this for clean to clean-ish...

I'm guessing "those" Fender tones I'm referring to are as much about the cab as they were the amp itself, as lots of those tones I'm referring to were combo amps (I'm assuming), right???

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but do these little amps do "that" Fender clean to mild-breakup??? I know it's a Fender amp, but these days, that means absolutely nothing. I've got the crunch to high-gain covered with the 15w EVH amp, but have been thinking about another small amp like this for clean to clean-ish...

I'm guessing "those" Fender tones I'm referring to are as much about the cab as they were the amp itself, as lots of those tones I'm referring to were combo amps (I'm assuming), right???
Miner, I think these Bassbreakers have a staged gain on them. From clean to crunch. I don't think they go as far as full fur coat and no knickers. Don't think they'll ever give you metal distortion.

I've seen plenty of demos of them - Rob Chapman and a couple of others are raving about them. They're supposed to be great and they're pretty cheap too. I'd love to give one a go/

It depends on which one you're using. I mostly plug into the bigger ones, and the 15w version. The 15w is pretty nice as a head. It has this "structure" knob that goes through the gain ranges. I've never tried sparkling clean through one, but I can today when I go back to GC.

I might be interested in the 15w because of the luck I ran into with the EVH head...I can probably make due with what I've got though, as I really don't use a lot of clean sounds, & could probably just crank the amp I have, then adjust the gain...

It'd still be nice to have a good Fender clean though...I've got my gain-y tones covered & then some IMO...

Did you see that vid they did about cheap guitar/good amp vs expensive guitar/cheap amp?

Didn't see it, I did hear it. I have them in my cans at my desk in the office.

Kinda typifies me though, mainly playing at home. Great guitar, average amp

Back