Adobe Audition 3.0 Problem!

LucasCu

Hi, I'm recording an amateur cover of Radiohead's 'Just' using my two guitars and bass. I'm using a small 'line in' lead (yes i know very amateur) plugged into my PC. and I have three tracks at the moment: rhythm, lead and 2nd rhythm.

When i record another piece onto Track 1 straight after the intro it starts to go all jittery and lag up! big time! it's really annoying.

any help would be great! thanks!

Lucas

Hi, I'm recording an amateur cover of Radiohead's 'Just' using my two guitars and bass. I'm using a small 'line in' lead (yes i know very amateur) plugged into my PC. and I have three tracks at the moment: rhythm, lead and 2nd rhythm.

When i record another piece onto Track 1 straight after the intro it starts to go all jittery and lag up! big time! it's really annoying.

any help would be great! thanks!

Lucas

What kind of computer are you using? Do you know the specifications (CPU, RAM, video card, bus speed, etc.)?

I'm using an Advent - 1gb of RAM - Nvidia FX5950 ultra and i got a 3.2ghz Intel.

regards

what software are you using?? Do you have a bunch of other programs/processes running in the background at the same time?? Maybe the computer recording forum can help more?

Yeah that's what i thought it would be, But I had guitar pro 5 (to refer to the 'Just' Tab) MSN messenger and The Internet I guess. I don't use firewall when I'm online either.

After a while as well, I click the record button, comes up with a message saying the sound card is already in use. Do you think with such a low spec sound card it can only handle 3 different tracks running at the same time?

regards

Why don't you post this on the Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition forum? You'll be much more likely to get an informed answer.

yeah I think so, But i used to use Cakewalk guitar tracks pro and that was fine with like 5+ different tracks.

regards

Hmmm. Usually you need an ASIO compatible soundcard (that's Audio Streaming In/Out to you and me).

thanks for the help, but still no luck. I'm using an Realtek AC'97 - is this suitable for home amateur recording, it goes up to 5.1 surround. I'm not sure if this helps.

thanks again

Is that a combination sound / motherboard? If you're using the motherboard as a sound card, anything can happen, and not much of it good.

Back