Windows Media Player 10

I know someone out there will know the answer to this burning question!

I downloaded Windows Media Player 10 from Microsoft. Took a while but it's in my PC.

Today, I tried to "burn" a CDR from music files in my PC. Each time I tried to burn the CDR, a "small" window would come up and tell me to put a CDR in the NEW Plextor burner I have. THE CDR WAS INSERTED MANY TIMES and, yet, I could not burn the files.

Now, I did have the Plextor programs downloaded and one of the programs is the ROXIO burning program. I called up this program and easily burned a CDR.

So, can someone tell me WHY I can't burn from the Windows Media program?

Thank you in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Green Hornet

It's Microsoft's way marry Christmas!

it's probably some stupid "piracy protector" that is messing up even legal stuff.
I like win media player it's easy, but Microsoft is a bit too "anti free stuff"

:D Yo PandaMonk:

Yea verily Monk of the highest:

Thanks--I noticed that there was a prompt on the Windows Media to go someplace to the "store" or wherever--for what? I don't want to buy anything--so, the problem may be because I didn't "sign in?" Well, who cares. It's Christmas and a New Year coming and we are all HERE and that's good.

So, I'll use Roxio because it fricking works! Take that Windows Media wherever!

I don't know any music that is FREER than my music--I never block my CDs. If someone likes it, GOOD--enjoy.

Cheers

Also, thanks Nick of the Black Belt.

I use WMP to burn, it kinda sucks, but it's better than freakin' Nero.

Anyway, sometimes if I already have a blank disc in, it'll tell me to put one in, so I just take it out and put it back in. then it works.

for some reason, the Roxio stuff that came with my Plextor seems kinda unstable at times. the program will just disappear sometimes while in the middle of making a disc and i'll have to restart the program. this happens probably once out of every 10 times i try to use it...so now i just use the Plextools burning software instead. it's pretty basic, but it gets the job done for me.

This is exactly why I don't upgrade versions of software until enough time passes that I'm confident that the bugs are either worked out or at least exposed and manageable...I have an older version of WMP that works fine for me, though I get prompts to upgrade a dozen or more times a day...

I'm also still using the older version of IE...I don't have time to get used to where they moved all the fuckin bells and whistles...

Eric

:D Thanks to ALL for the bits and pieces and experience.

I don't really burn much on my PC--do it all on the Yam 2816 in the studio. But, I like "things" to work.

Smooth Holidays to All.

Green Hornet :cool:

Back