Should I get EZdrummer or Addictive Drums?

EZdrummer or Addictive Drums?

• Total voters
Yeah, no worries Jimmy, whenever you get a chance.

This fella then?...

For $99 I can solve my snare problems? Sounds like a complete bargain to me... but WTF is an iLok?

*heads for google*

Yeah, that is the basic version. Not sure it will solve them, but the snare samples are much more realistic IMO.

By now you probably know what the Ilok is. USB anti piracy license control thingy...It adds $40 to the cost...

You could always send me some of your drum tracks. I would be glad to send you back some samples with Trigger so that you don't have to pay to hear what it can do.

Keep in mind, I do have all of the upgraded samples for Trigger ($$) so I would just send you the original ones from the Trigger EX that you are looking at possibly purchasing. Of course I could send you some of the more lush 'Trigger Platinum Deluxe' ones as well. The Deluxe ones have 4 samples of each drum, recorded from top/bottom/OH/Room. All with controllable attack/sustain/release, as well as pitch. I think 25 different snares, some with sidestick and even brushes.

Let me know if you would just like to hear some samples made from Trigger EX before you waste or spend your money. Works for me. YMMV :)

Hi Jimmy....

$99 / $199 - is not really an issue - whatever works... we here in Aus are long used to paying massive prices for things (for instance the street price on current year Les Paul standard is $3600 - found the same guitar in musicians friend as $2300 AUD) that I regard anything under $500 as suspiciously cheap, and possbily illegal... :laughings: I'm still stunned by what I can do in Addictive Drums for the $300 I paid, compared to the last crappy drum machine I bought about 10 years ago which cost $800...!

I'm at work now and out tonight but sometime over the next couple of days I'll PM you a drum track and if you could do a replacement with the bestest sounding Slate snare that would be awesome... will give me an idea of whether to go this road or continue to tinker with Addicitve's snares which is just slowing me down so much...

Whole drum track, or just the snare?

And yes, have got iLok sorted! Cheers mate..

Yeah, send me the whole kit, so that I can give a decent judgement on the snare that might work. I will send you a bunch of options.

Make sure that I get individual tracks though. At least the snare on a separate track. . Kick/toms/overheads can be on the same track.

Actually you should send at least a rough mix of instruments as well. That can have a lot to do with snare tone that works.

Sending you PM with my email addy now.

For the most part, I use Toontrack's stuff for my songs, but I do have SSD 3.5 (don't have the new v4...) & AD, so I'm gonna try some of the suggestions about replacing/blending snares on some of my stuff I'm working on here...

Last edited:
Back