New section

bongoboy

a clown without a circus
Maybe there should be a new section for drum programs. It seems like most of the posts here are for EZ Drummer and things of that nature. Shouldn't the Drums and Percussion section be for, well, drums and percussion? People who actually hit things besides a mouse or controller key? Just a thought.

I don't know. Is it really necessary to split off or create another section? This section is slow anyway. It's not like drum programming talk is getting in the way of serious drum discussions. :laughings:

Naw, but in these times where so many are doing so, maybe it warrants another forum. Not like real drummers won't be in both.

Typically programming of drums is due to necessity or limitations. Recording of actual drums is a whole different ballgame. Speaking of which... My Broncos. :)

Yeah I don't really care either way. The drum program discussions don't ever bother me, nor would there be a separate forum for it.

And yeah, your Broncos are in the driver's seat now.

Didn't we have this kind of thing when someone wanted a separate "acoustic guitar forum"...?
Should people who primarily use guitar amp sims have their own forum...???
There's already too many forums, IMHO.

Whether they are real drums, electronic drums or programmed drums....it's all about the same thing, recording drum tracks. What if someone plays real drums, but them replaces them with samples.....what forum should that go in...????

I want a p0rn forum.

Now that might actually get a lot of threads and posts. Ideally, we should just get rid of politics for p0rn in the Cave....:D

Yeah, programming drums or synths would technically fall under MIDI....but hey, ask Chater, it's her call, and if she thinks it might be worth it, she'll give it a try, just like she did with the "Acoustic Guitar Forum".
I just don't think there would be a heck of a lot of threads specifically about programming drums...any more than programming any type of MIDI sequence, and that MIDI forums is not a hotbed of activity as it is.

A few months back some dude signed up, asked for an Akai forum, then pissed off again. :p

He got his forum but aint no one using it.

A few months back some dude signed up, asked for an Akai forum, then pissed off again. :p

He got his forum but aint no one using it.

Good point.

Still, is a subject that could be presented in the MIDI forum, needed in the drum forum? IDK. I am proposing that question as I am not sure either. Seems a better possibility than the AKAI forum tho.

I am not sure how I agree with there being 'Too many' forums. I think having more specific forums is a good idea. Not so much if there isn't traffic there. Besides, it not like it hinders members who don't follow them.

Let's think about a site where Analog, the Cave, and Digital recording are one forum. Sounds like no productivity going to come from there...That is why we have multiple forums.

There are 35 or so on topic forums here at HR. What is the problem with adding another sub group? What makes it necessary?

I am just asking myself the same question.

Maybe there should be a new section for drum programs. It seems like most of the posts here are for EZ Drummer and things of that nature. Shouldn't the Drums and Percussion section be for, well, drums and percussion? People who actually hit things besides a mouse or controller key? Just a thought.

Hey, don't look past the completely awesome EZD and SD thread. It's a stickie. :D

https://homerecording.com/bbs/equip...thing-ezdrummer-superior-drums-thread-350237/

And yes, I am all about closing the cave. That would eliminate 90% of the reported posts. :)

I want a forum for one armed and one legged drummers. I could be in both since I lost both on a fateful day a few years ago when I was in Australia for a surfing competition. I also lost one of my balls, but since I never used it for drumming anyway I don't think another forum is necessary. Unless of course there are a lot of one balled drummers out there. Or guys who play the drums with their balls. Just a suggestion.

OK, one balled surfer drummers with friends that have balls need a forum just for them. Chicks dig guys with scars! Now, as far as the appendage challenged members, I think that needs to go in the MIDI/Drum Program forum. Cuz, well...

Or, we just make a forum for the handicapped, and call it the "I wish I could do everything without thinking/learning/listening/investing" forum.

I should really just shut my mouth now... lol

Back