A heads up...

Well, I just got back home. My friend Robert and I spent 6 hours at Dave's house in his studio "The Garage" Talking about tracks and gear and technique and whatever, and it was fantastic!!!

Dave is SUCH a great guy!! Friendly and polite and thoughtful as well as focused and down to earth. We pretty much recorded non-stop from 1:00pm to about 5:45. A few breaks and a couple technical glitches, but all-in-all a total success. We got there at noon and just talked and talked while setting up.

Our original plan was to have one or two 30 minute shows, but we got so much stuff out of Dave, that it will probably be more like 4 shows at 45-60 minutes each. It just flowed like a fountain!

I wish everyone here an opportunity like this at least once in their life! Truly a special moment and day in mine!!

Please log in to iTunes when its posted. Probably next week for episode one. I'll let you know when its up!

Phil

PhilGood said:
Well, I just got back home. My friend Robert and I spent 6 hours at Dave's house in his studio "The Garage" Talking about tracks and gear and technique and whatever, and it was fantastic!!!

Dave is SUCH a great guy!! Friendly and polite and thoughtful as well as focused and down to earth. We pretty much recorded non-stop from 1:00pm to about 5:45. A few breaks and a couple technical glitches, but all-in-all a total success. We got there at noon and just talked and talked while setting up.

Our original plan was to have one or two 30 minute shows, but we got so much stuff out of Dave, that it will probably be more like 4 shows at 45-60 minutes each. It just flowed like a fountain!

I wish everyone here an opportunity like this at least once in their life! Truly a special moment and day in mine!!

Please log in to iTunes when its posted. Probably next week for episode one. I'll let you know when its up!

Phil

where do I get iTunes?

PhilGood said:

Phil

let us know when it is up!

Just saw Simon Phillips play at the Baked Potato in North Hollywood tonight (what a show!!) and he confirmed his interest in the next podcast interview.

Drumcast!!!...

The first show is done. We are working on getting the RSS server up and then linking to iTunes. We have to run the feed through a compiler. I have to finish the logo. Had to edit, put in drop-ins, EQ and pan. Dave mixed all his drums to his tastes. After we have the final wav file, we compress to an MP3 and upload. We should be up by early next week.

marknrox said:
...and wouldn't you know my iPod starting acting up today!!
:(

There's a way to do a hard reset, but I can't remember what it is...

The little red wagon should be quite fixed after that!

PhilGood said:
There's a way to do a hard reset, but I can't remember what it is...

The little red wagon should be quite fixed after that!
What gen iPod do you have? PM me or something. I'm sure i can help you fix it. :)

drummerdude666 said:
Mate :D

That's be amazing. I regularly podcast myeslf and if you got those guys doing it you'd have a listener right here.

Have you spoken to Gregg yet? I'm going to a clinic of his tonight. I could mention it to him, but i wont unless you recon it'd help.

GOOD JOB BUDDY!

A went to a Bissonette clinic in Windsor, Ontario (my home). He was endorsing Mapex Mars kits at the time, and they gave away a couple of kits. Excellent drummer with some cool little tricks which he explained in great detail! Very down to earth guy; He signed a poster of himself, and a drumstick I brought along. All in all, it was a very entertaining/educational experience, have fun drummerdude.

He is definetely a great guy to have on the list of drummers to be interviewed.

Some things that might be cool to ask would be:
The obvious: drums, sizes, hardware, cymbals
and maybe some details like:
-personal tuning methods (type of heads, what is used for dampening if any), -sticks (brand, size, grips?),
-cymbals: sizes, placement (angles, stacking), brillinat vs. regular finish
-what type of rug or platform material they set up on.
-Oh! and definetely what type of monitor system they prefer or find most useful (do they play to a click live, headphones? monitor speakers? in-ear monitor, etc.)

Hey Phil I just saw this thread and I think what you´re doing is amazing. I wish I could have the chance to meet all of those masters. Congrats man!!!. Please let us know when everything is ready to download the clip.
A little sample won´t hurt him right??? :D

OK. Some cheezy samples. One is the rough mixed promo for this show and the other is part of an interview after listening to an old track. They are not as small as they will be for the podcasts, as I just threw them together to post for you guys! Enjoy!...and stop LAUGHING!!!!

I Love It!

PhilGood, That intro is fantastic! Ol' Dave just dropped right in to place like he's been doing radio for years!

Who Is the other co-host an old friend? Drummer?

I love the levity. It moves well. Reminds me of NPR's CarTalk.
Bravo guys, BRAVO!!

Please get the rest of this together! ASAP!!

Last edited:
Back