Why must my mono songs become converted to "stereo" on cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
its only going to be released on vinyl.

Great! That warm delicious in-your-mother's-arms analog sound will definitley clean those tracks right up. You may want to over-order as I have a feeling about this one. This could be the ONLY #1 album from this BBS!

Remember us when you are on the road.

But surely they're joking right? I mean when you read their blurbs about perfect songwriting and performance, then listen to "Smelly Guy"--even they can't be taking themselves...right?

Dear God, please.....:confused::eek::confused::eek:

Unfortunately, no: a friend of mine made a myspace for them and wrote their bio, obviously as a joke. Their music and two CD's, however, were quite serious on their part!

Fortunately, puke is easy to clean up.

Depends on location and quantity. And if you have some kitty litter / sand available to dry it up as step one of the clean up process. Of course if it occurs on carpet, while in motion, or between/on appliances, it's a bit harder to clean up.

Audio CDs are 2 channels of 16 bit and 44.1kHz audio. S16_BE for cd audio, where similar wav files are S16_LE. If you want it to be mono, you could a) unplug your other speaker, b) mix it with another track of silence, or c) deal with having two identicle tracks. If you're having issues with stereo reproduction of a mono track, perhaps one of your speakers is out of phase. At a minimum you should have the same length of cable running to each speaker.

I've had issues with stereo from mono myself. Mainly because I was creating mp3's to save space. And the mp3's that were created were stereo images of my mono tracks. That was with toolame and twolame in linux. I switched to lame (source only?) and I can create mono mp3's now. Of course I got a Korg MR-1000 so I could record in stereo since the resultant mp3s weren't going to differ in size IMO. And the Korg can't play MONO anything. I just can't win. Fortunately my car can play mp3 cds, so I could in theory create mono mp3s for that. But then again it rarely plays a CD all the way through, especially if in motion.

As far as the CD. I tried the wikiupload one and got a 0 byte file. I eventually got the 16....china...girl... file. What an annoying mess that was on a dialup connection. The girls looked nice though. After converting it to wav, then amplifying it 3.2dB, and creating a stereo file, my Korg was finally able to play it. Sort of a 50s rock sound to it, without the rock. I guess it's better than 2 def dames.

Rhythms were a bit laxed. And if your target audience is pre-teens, should you really be emphasizing that race matters. Although I guess that PUFF the magic dragon was a hit in it's day. Despite the drug reference in modern day interpretations.

Thanks for the Inspiration

After giving your "stuff" a good listen I came to the conclusion that my abilities aren't that bad after all. Thanks so much JordanD! :D

I really love what you have done with all this, except I must say that the forced MONO is a bit crazy at times, even though you want to keep it as bare bones as possible, (which I understand, it's a real exercise to make it work)

I think ur work is great. Really, let's do something together, I'd love to write a song with you

You can check out all my various crap at

music.cyanstudios.ca/music/

Give me an email and let me know. I have some suggestions for how you can move ahead in your future recordings in terms of learning from the old masters, like the Beatles practice tracks which I have. Friggin amazing to listen to, I can even stream them to you as a Radio station.

Anyway, cheers mate

Stiego

well, you may not like me, but stieg does, so you are wrong. :) and i know the kids will like it. thats who music is for, thats when you can move them and really touch them and make an impact on their lives. the music is for them! you guys are pros, this is the new sound, things are changing!

I sense an alias...

And if it's not, then I am glad that there is someone on this board posting stuff that makes mine sound great.

i think you guys are more engineers than soul speakers. its about the human soul! the hazy brain.

im sorry if that sounded mean, but my dad engineered and did work on a lot of WINGS records in the mid 70's, and he is always like you guys going on about frequencies and noise etc. im the opposite. i get so sick of hearing about it, and he doesnt get it.

im sorry if that sounded mean, but my dad engineered and did work on a lot of WINGS records in the mid 70's, and he is always like you guys going on about frequencies and noise etc. im the opposite. i get so sick of hearing about it, and he doesnt get it.

WINGS! Now it all makes sense... genetic...

I have to say y'all, in all sincerity. I really don't think it's all that bad!

I certainly don't like all of it at all. The first thing I downloaded was "Fanny Lee," and I thought that was terrible, but now I've listened to "Soul Strut" and "Gold Queen," and there's something likeable about them to me.

"Soul Strut" has a cool groove to it, and "Gold Queen" has a nice groove as well, and some nice chords. (Couldn't understand one word of the lyrics.)

I don't know though ... there's a kind of Daniel Johnston-ness appeal to those two songs.

I've listened to about 5 or 6 more since then, and haven't liked anything much else.

He could be joking entirely, but I think those two tracks are kinda nice. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

No kidding??? You too? When I wonder how my investments are doing, my wife always reminds me. All she has to say is WTF.

did work on a lot of WINGS records in the mid 70's, and he is always like you guys going on about frequencies and noise etc. im the opposite. i get so sick of hearing about it, and he doesnt get it.

So this is about your father.

Please, make yourself comfortable on this couch here and tell me about your mother.

In an audio recording, how you say something is just as important as what you are saying. So when your tracks sound like absolute rubbish - like yours do - then whatever your "soul" is "speaking" doesn't get heard. No wonder your dad doesn't "get it." He knows what he's doing. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back