Why must my mono songs become converted to "stereo" on cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan,

Your songs ... are ... um ... interesting.

Definitely haven't heard anything quite like them.

The only thing I don't like about them ... is that they're just not mono enough. Ya know what I'm sayin' ? Right now, it's just got this "faux mono" thing going on, and it's just not quite doing it for me.

Jordan,

Your songs ... are ... um ... interesting.

Muddy, uneven mixes which feature bad mic techniques, excessively effected guitars and caterwauling vocals are "interesting?" This must be a new use of the word I've never heard before.

:(i think the album is going to be a big hit! i confessed and laid my soul out. maybe if you heard the whole album you'd get a better feel for it! i shouldve uploaded the tracks in order.

Dude, your mixes are horrible no matter what order they're listened to. And even remixing won't help how badly some of the instruments and vocals were tracked. That helicopter fighter song sounds like it was recorded through a tube. I can barely hear the drums on china girl. Some of the guitar effects are so dominant that they overwhelm everything else.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but that's the risk you take when you post your stuff on a public message board.

Dude, your mixes are horrible no matter what order they're listened to. And even remixing won't help how badly some of the instruments and vocals were tracked. That helicopter fighter song sounds like it was recorded through a tube. I can barely hear the drums on china girl. Some of the guitar effects are so dominant that they overwhelm everything else.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but that's the risk you take when you post your stuff on a public message board.

hehe i know, it was a wild and free two weeks. and i was not thinking about tracking or mic placement, i was really and i wanted to be, in a psychedellic haze to reflect how i am. so i just wanted them to be as they are i didnt even try mixing it anyway. you dont think its cool it sounds like its through a tube? there are 20 songs, so they are all different, but my soul:)

oh and i wouldve liked to get my lips closer to the microphone, but it was an old mans radio ribbon mic, and he wouldnt let me get to close to it in fear i'd damage it. it was pristine.

hehe i know, it was a wild and free two weeks. and i was not thinking about tracking or mic placement, i was really and i wanted to be, in a psychedellic haze to reflect how i am. so i just wanted them to be as they are i didnt even try mixing it anyway. you dont think its cool it sounds like its through a tube? there are 20 songs, so they are all different, but my soul:)

It's gonna take a really patient listener to get past how bad things sound and get to the "heart" of the song. That's the reason so many of us spend years perfecting our techniques. And to be honest, I don't think your songs are all that good. A great song badly recorded at home has a much better chance of being heard than a mediocre mess of a song recorded in a top notch studio.

Or maybe being on acid is the key? :rolleyes:

I'm a huge fan of guided by voices and what they did with 4-track recorders in the modern recording era. This stuff is almost unlistenable. It reminds me of when I was 12 and just got a 4 track. You're gonna make people pay for this? Seriously... no offense. It sounds like you didn't even have the songs written when you were recording, you just pressed play and then tried to play something. I'm sure someone will like it, but its not me.

My favorite part is that way you somehow got the noise floor higher than the signal in some places. I'm not sure I could do that if I tried.

Don't get me wrong...some of it is actually interesting, but it's so painful to listen to that it's hard to get that far.

Frank

EDIT: ...but I have a feeling you're having a laugh at our expense anyway. Is this an episode of "Punk'd"? Are you Ashton Kutcher?

Last edited:
dude, i think you might have some good ideas, but its not mono making your mixes sound bad. You need to learn the basics of recording before proceeding any further.

Kinda reminds me of sonic youth, but ... not any good, no offense.

My favorite part is that way you somehow got the noise floor higher than the signal in some places. I'm not sure I could do that if I tried.

Don't get me wrong...some of it is actually interesting, but it's so painful to listen to that it's hard to get that far.

Frank

That's his "soul" you hear in the recordings. ;)

Frank

EDIT: ...but I have a feeling you're having a laugh at our expense anyway. Is this an episode of "Punk'd"? Are you Ashton Kutcher?

It's times like these that really make me wish we had signatures back. This would be a great one!

the ONLY good thing about clicking on his links was the half naked chicks showing me their asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back