Who the hell is using Fostek!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Don't know if this is the place to ask this stupid question....but
I just got a this Fostex vf160 and can't find out the right way to shut it down after a recording.
Is there a sequence?
When I use the power button, I lose all my settings.
HELP!

Thanks

Your best bet is to start a new thread dude :)

Don't know if this is the place to ask this stupid question....but
I just got a this Fostex vf160 and can't find out the right way to shut it down after a recording.
Is there a sequence?
When I use the power button, I lose all my settings.
HELP!

Thanks

Try fostexsupport.com
I'm a MR16 user so can't give a useful answer.

fadsoundz,

I don't know if anyone answered your original question: Assuming you have stopped the recording, and the "Please Wait . . ." message has vanished, just shut it off. There is no power-off procedure.

If you do shut it off (or lose power) during recording, the in-progress tracks will be lost.

Out of the box, you should be able to output up to six separate sends: Two aux (mixable) + Mains (L/R, mixable) + Two S/PDIF tracks. Out of the box, you can record up to 10 simultaneous channels---8 analog (HiZ/LoZinputs) inputs plus 2 S/PDIF TOSlink channels. Add an ADAT unit like an OctoPre or a Behri ADA8000, and you can have 16-track simultaneous recording and up to 12 outputs (8 separate tracks via ADAT unit output, L/R mains, and two aux outputs).

Paj
8^)

P.S.: I just checked and I have recordings dating back to 2003 from my VF160CD. The original hard drive (easily swapable) still works. I've recorded over 500 4-hour gigs with the unit, archived thousands and thousands of CD-Rs, internally mixed and burned about five thousand live sets to CD-R. There are times the thing has been running (not just idling---running) for two days in a row. The thing is a freakin' tank.

This thread hasn't had an entry in ages but if anyone is still there I currently use an MR8 mkII and a D108. I love the fact that you can just run your fingers across the track arm buttons and hit record on the D108. Hoping to get a mixer with ADAT interface at some point - analogue i/o for now apart from SPDIF in from my Audiophile 2496. I transfer the files to my Ubuntu Studio machine with fdmfs and edit with Ardour. The MR8 mk II is great for recording location sound. D108 is a very reassuring machine to use it never skips a beat.

Yeah Fostex

I still use a fostex G16. Best purchase I ever made. I have had lots of their digital boxes in the interim but they all became obsolete and I returned to analog for the sound of it. Ive had my share of Tascam gear but personally I prefer Fostex.

I have a used MR8hd and I have to say I love it. Simple and reliable with limitations could best describe this little mule. I like it because I can physically touch this machine and it wont generally give me some error message telling me I need more space or latency is mess up. I have used pro tools and other DAW and I must say they are useful. However, these tools can't polish a turd and if you record right from the beginning you will achieve excellent results.

Back