Who the hell is using Fostek!?!?!?!!?!?!?

fostex

I still use fostex but if they want to replace the fostex forum with a pro tools forum...that's fine with me. The fostex forum hasn't had much traffic for a pretty long time now.

I'm with LB. Got an older VF16 and use PT for edit and mix. Don't much care for the low end EQ on the Fostex nor the compressor. Best of both worlds indeed!

I'm using a VF16 and a Behringer ADA8000 for recording and Reaper for editing and mixing. Nothing beats the old Fostex workhorse in ease of use and reliability when recording up to 16 tracks simultaneously.

I'm using a VF16 and a Behringer ADA8000 for recording and Reaper for editing and mixing. Nothing beats the old Fostex workhorse in ease of use and reliability when recording up to 16 tracks simultaneously.

Same combo here. Can't beat it for the price.

I have the stand alone HD-1624 which I absolutely love. Thinking about getting the HD-2424 just 'cause it's cheap.

I started out with an Mr8. Did the job very well. I would just dump the individual tracks into my daw and I was good to go.
I just bought an MR-8mkII, and am basically planning what you've just mentioned. I've just got to decide which one of my two Wintel boxes I want to setup as my DAW, install something like Sony Acid Pro, and go from there. I also own a Line 6 Guitar POD 2.0, and Line 6 Bass POD, so quite a bit of my initial recordings are going to be entirely within the digital realm. I can experiment with recording with various settings on both POD's, as well as recording clean then adding FX later...which ever yields the best output, and can be duplicated live, with the right pedals.

Matt

I've been using an mr8-hd for homerecordings, on-location recording, and doing demos... Worked fine!
--->tracks to pc and mix. ..a couple of years now.

Until I can get a portable laptop with pro tools and its firewire modules for 400 euros.......

...I like this forum better.

obtainable for about $350 new the MR8HD was pretty much the cheapest 4 simultaneous record track option available, last time I checked (which admittedly was not recently)

(oh, and there are still lots of field, live recording situations where three mic decca spread and one spot mic for solos is a very respectable strategy . . . particularly if musicians actually know how to play

I started with a 16 trk D-160 which has been rock solid and once I've finished some rebuilding, it will be synched to my 1" 16trk R2R...........best of both worlds:)

:cool:

Ironically this thread may keep the Fostex forum running. :)

I still use a fostex, in fact i may buy another one tomorrow.

Back